Is RA worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. My flight leaves CGK at 2100, and I'm arriving on GA698 (via UPG) which gets in around 0630. Might see you in Sorong (I have a big black Lowepro camera backpack) :)

I also play the frequent flyer game. A little too obsessively sometimes.If you can manage it, the best option for Star Alliance is Singapore Airlines from Houston through to Jakarta (obviously via Singapore). Your biggest problem is likely to be award availability on Singapore, because it is by far the best option, and all the frequent flyers know it!I regularly do Australia-HKG-SFO-onwards on Cathay (One World), and that's my preferred option so as to avoid LAX, but getting either a Cathay or Singapore Airlines flight from the US to Asia is worth the few extra dollars or miles for an award seat. The service and comfort they provide on the long haul sectors are worth the money.
Ummm Singapore doesn't fly from Houston. You'd need to fly UA to SFO. Are you thinking ANA or EVA?

Wetpup, now I remember why we chose Misool as Kri are 7th day and that meant getting home too late.

We are overnighting in Sorong on the Sat Jan2nd anyone for for a going home party?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whew! Singapore Airlines is still flying in/out of Houston. I checked my ticket, leaving in 2 weeks. Been doing this since they added Houston in, I think, 2009.

sThe Garuda flight leaves Makassar for Sorong at around 0315 (lands around 0630 - you generally need to arrive very early to meet connections to your resort or LOB unless you want to overnight in Sorong, which I don't), so get a late flight out of Bali, and hang around the airport. I've spent a lot of time in Makassar airport, and it's not a bad place to spend a layover. It's big (albeit loud), and there's a number of shops. There's a Starbucks and a few lounges (which you can pay to get access to if you don't have frequent flyer access - highly recommended if you're there for more than 3 hours). Manado airport sucks in comparison.

So I would like to book the Garuda flight and stay a (short) night at that hotel airport -- does anyone know the secret to booking all this?

I tried with the Garuda site itself, and with ticket2.com -- neither worked. I could keep trying, or I could ask those who may have done it before me? :)

Anyone know the secret?

Thanks,

Bill

So I would like to book the Garuda flight and stay a (short) night at that hotel airport -- does anyone know the secret to booking all this?

I tried with the Garuda site itself, and with ticket2.com -- neither worked. I could keep trying, or I could ask those who may have done it before me? :)

Anyone know the secret?

Thanks,

Bill

Travel agent. Trying to book domestic-only flights in Indonesia with a foreign credit card is a well known problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom