Is PADI offering reinstate to expired DM divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped renewing my PADI instructor 5 or 6 years ago. I still get "come back to the cool club" emails every six months or so. They just want money as far as I can tell.

If you actually want to renew, you'll have to meet whatever requirements apply to your cert level and duration of absence. But you could also just pay your dues and PADI would be just as happy. Still wouldn't be a current DM, but you would be a PADI member.

This is not meant to be a PADI bash or anything, PADI is excellent at running a business. I'm sure if NAUI were better organized I would be getting emails from them too. If I leave TDI, I expect I'll get "come back and to the cool tech club" emails.

-Chris

Careful,,,,,,,,,

Just because a DM who a victim believes may have acted below the standard of care that resulted in injuries has retired, does not mean that he/she is protected from a lawsuit. It's a real slippery slope and anyone can be party to a lawsuit. Just my opinion, but if you are retired, I'd never show that card at a dive again and not mention it either. But the lawyer's will find out anyways after a google search of this board. Like they say in the medical field, you're a doctor (or DM) for life, once you pass the exam.
Yeah, that's what I've figured from the several threads on "should I show my pro card on a boat when on vacation". Another thing I've heard is you can be sued up to 5 years (?) after "retirement" if a former student has an accident and says it was because of something you told him to do back in the class. Anyone know if that's true?

Yeah, that's what I've figured from the several threads on "should I show my pro card on a boat when on vacation". Another thing I've heard is you can be sued up to 5 years (?) after "retirement" if a former student has an accident and says it was because of something you told him to do back in the class. Anyone know if that's true?

No clue, but I think you can be sued at any time for any thing, regardless of circumstance. These days, it seems to be people are guilty until proven innocent, execution before trial and conviction, and a statute of limitations no longer exists.

SMH

No clue, but I think you can be sued at any time for any thing, regardless of circumstance. These days, it seems to be people are guilty until proven innocent, execution before trial and conviction, and a statute of limitations no longer exists.

SMH
Yeah, I know--particularly in U.S. Just wondering if anyone heard of a successful (or unsuccessful) suit back into someone's past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom