Is my tank full before I start the dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well I watched the link provided and thank you for the song made by the tanks. Since I only have one tank I guess I will just stick to attaching my first and second stage. Interesting information though.

Funny!

This method does not work to well in sand and if you try that on a boat, the Capt'n may have a word with you!

A small ballpen hammer works pretty good though!

If the tank has a boot, does the boot deaden the sound?

If the tank has a boot, does the boot deaden the sound?

No... actually works better with the boot... you can see I have boots on the tanks there in the video.

And it turns out hitting them with a hammer does not work... it won't have the tones work right. In fact, I can have some tanks "ping" higher tone when hitting with a hammer even though they have less air.

And obviously if you don't have perfect pitch (a full aluminum 80 is an f# and each 500 psi is a half step) you will need some tanks to compare. But like the example of 4 tanks sitting there, I've been at a shop in Cayman where they had a bunch of tanks sitting with caps... you grab one, walk down to the shore and gear up. This trick has saved me a lot of walking back and forth with a tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom