Is my tank full before I start the dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point about the tanks just sitting to be picked up and taken to the beach for a dive. I would hate to pick up a tank get ready and have a 1/2 tank to begin the dive.

Too funny! Thanks for the video and the great sense of humor

I've been at a shop in Cayman where they had a bunch of tanks sitting with caps... you grab one, walk down to the shore and gear up. This trick has saved me a lot of walking back and forth with a tank.

I can usually tell a low tank just by picking it up. A low tank is noticeably lighter than a full one. The most effective method is still to gauge it. You don't need to put a BC on a tank to check the pressure with your reg.

Great tip to have up one's sleeve, and a very entertaining video to boot!

Somebody buy something! These guys have waaaay too much time on their hands! But it was entertaining. How about getting the girl in the video to do a striptease with dive gear? She's cute.

Get a $15 dollar digital fish scale at Wal Mart. Weight the tank empty and mark the weigh on it with a permanent marker then weight it full and write the weight on it. Knowing the difference in pounds will give a pretty good idea how full it is.

You can bet your bippy that I'll test this theory out Monday when I go to work--we should have about fifty partially full tanks left over from this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom