Is It me Or has SB Gotten very Segregated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I have 20 forums subscribed on my UserCP that I visit each day - but I guess some just hang out in one or two...?

This is what Invade the Keys is all about: bringing EVERYONE together for a great time!

Maybe we need an Invade Catalina for the other side of the Country? :D

Then we can work on

Invade the Phillipines
Invade the Swamp
Invade Hawaii

Oh the list could go on!

You miss arguing with the DIR practitioners, don't you?:D

<--- now that i have the funky purple name, i tend to police the DIR forum, read the technical diving forums and that's about it. otherwise i'd completely burn out on scubaboard...

I feel like we are all locked in different rooms.

As a pretty new member I can see that the DIR divers love to talk about their valve drills and all that.

Others ask questions and seem to get the immediate answer about needing a back pack wing config or why split fins suck.

Actually i find the forum at scubatoys.com way more friendly and informative. They do not have as many members but this board does seem to have just a few dozen regular posters.

I have learned some good stuff here. I like to check in every day.

Maybe the locks should be unlocked on the special rooms that you need the fingerprint ID and cannot say anything but -oh yes, you are right, we are great, and stuff like that.

I feel like we are all locked in different rooms.

NetDoc had a good reply about including everyone. I like the idea of invading Catalina or Santa Barbara or Monterey, maybe Puget Sound and other great local sites. Coming together in person could break down this room mentality and the special group stuff that seems to be growing here.

One of the best parts of diving, for me, has always been that it is such a leveling experience. Mr. Macho does not work against the Ocean. It is very hard to look cool with your nose running and your hair flat.

In the end we are just divers doing something most will never do.

Oh the list could go on!

:multi: Australia :multi:

some people like to read science fiction or bios or stephen king novels only so im guessing some posters will stay in areas that they like best

its all aboot icecream flavours and SB has alot of them.... me, i like vanilla and i guess that goes well with most so i flip around most of the forums.

Mikey, i will say PPD is one of the forums i dont visit much - i always thought you had to have visited the PPD crew at least once to get your ticket in, and i haven been there (yet) :D

Mikey, i will say PPD is one of the forums i dont visit much - i always thought you had to have visited the PPD crew at least once to get your ticket in, and i haven been there (yet) :D

You thought wrong almity, anyone and everyone is welcome. We always love it when you stop by - even before you went green. :)

But we're just one of the many subforums. We all have our own unique vibe. (It's nice to be the OG though :))

.........its all aboot icecream flavours and SB has alot of them.... me, i like vanilla and i guess that goes well with most so i flip around most of the forums.

That's kinda the way I do it also. I just browse the new posts for anything that looks interesting, or go straight to a forum related to anything I have a particular interest or question in. If things are really going my way, I'm not here, I'm diving!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom