Bare Voodoo BCD problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HM_legon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello SB,

I purchased a bare voodoo bc of ebay, and to no-ones surprise there was a decent amount of salt crystals on all of the seals on the bladder(s). If you know how this BC works you know why this may he a more complex issue.

The main back inflate bladder had a dump valve entirely closed into a second "arm-chair" waist bladder that will aid in making the BC more like a jacket style on the surface. The valve is completely enclosed in this 2nd bladder and the back bc will slowly leak into the waist bc.

What's the best way to clear this seal without destroying the waist bladder section?

I've tried warm soapy water in the back inflate section to moderate success, allowing it to soak face down for hours and periodically opening the valve in question to let water flow from the back inflate section to the waist section.

It has gotten better, but I'm still hoping there's a more direct method of fixing this.

Thanks,
Legon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom