Is Extended Horizons friendlier in person?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning some Maui diving for September, so I called Lahaina Divers and Extended Horizons to get more info. I've dived with LD, but from what I have read here, thought I'd try out Extended Horizons this time. So many good posts about them. But I must say, from my phone calls, I am not sure what I will do. LD was super friendly, whereas Extended Horizons sounded cool and uninterested. Not unfriendly, but they sure didn't make me feel 'wanted', so to speak. Should I overlook that and still do my dives with them, or is that how they will be in person as well? A friendly staff/crew is important to me.

The crew has always been super-friendly when I've been with them.

If you're still not sure, there's a third choice that is closer to Extended Horizons general attitude and stuff than Lahaina Divers.

Hawaiian Rafting Adventures / Dive Maui has two-tank dives to Lanai, and I found their ride to be much smoother than the other boats (MDS and XH) that I've taken there.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I just got someone who is not a good 'phone person.' :)
Or you were speaking to an answering service.

Several Maui dive ops use an answering service to book their dive boats. The phone service people keep the booking sheet; can answer basic questions such as departure times, type of tank, and will ask the right questions about things like what gear you have or need to rent; but they aren't knowledgeable about things like specific dive sites.

Interesting! I had no idea!

Or you were speaking to an answering service.

Several Maui dive ops use an answering service to book their dive boats. The phone service people keep the booking sheet; can answer basic questions such as departure times, type of tank, and will ask the right questions about things like what gear you have or need to rent; but they aren't knowledgeable about things like specific dive sites.

I guess this is a good lesson for XH and really any dive op: have friendly phone staff. Not everyone is a scubaboard member :)

Back
Top Bottom