Is Extended Horizons friendlier in person?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously..... dive shops are using call centers now. I'm shocked and awed. At least when people call to book dives here it's ALWAYS me that answers! I'm stoked when people want to take me diving..... where has the attention to detail and personal service gone?

G
I don't know that I'd use the term "call center" -- it's usually just someone else that answers the phone from time-to-time.

Most of the ops that do something like this so they *can* provide good customer service -- the owner, who usually answers the phone may also be driving the boat or leading dives. When they're out on the water, it's typically pretty tough to handle bookings, and in this day and age, most people will call someone else before they leave a message for a business.

So, while the phone personality may not have been great, it was probably better (for most potential customers) than having to leave a voicemail.

Kris,

Point taken. The matter was raised at a session of loyal dive club members the other night.....

If I'm a mainland diver calling to book a dive, I would rather talk to an educated PADI guru than some chucklehead getting paid minimum wage to jockey the phone. I for one know that when I book off island or around the world I like to know exactly who will be handling the operations. Call me old fashioned but I would rather leave a voicemail and get a call back asap with my chosen op.

I realize that some people don't take the time to plan out their dive schedule in the weeks leading up to their vacation and also don't know the difference between the above mentioned chucklehead and a dive pro, but my thought is that you can tell a lot about an op by the quality and time the spend with you taking your booking.... Do they know what a 100cf tank is, do they offer DIN tanks, do they do nitrox, etc. etc. etc.

Let's face it. We are in the best biz in the world. People take US out diving on the daily...... you won't ever find me less than stoked on the phone!

Side note: Whilst working for a big shop I was often in the middle of 7 things when the phone rang, so back to the original idea that it could have just been a "bad phone day" If that's the case, I totally understand.

G

I keep waiting for someone from XH to post a reply. imo, every dive op should have someone monitoring scubaboard :)

I keep waiting for someone from XH to post a reply. imo, every dive op should have someone monitoring scubaboard :)
They do have a couple staff that post here occasionally... but truthfully, ScubaBoard really isn't as important in life as so many of us here feel it is. :)

Very true. But I am guessing it is the single largest scuba forum on the web? So from a business perspective, seems like it would be wise to monitor it.

They do have a couple staff that post here occasionally... but truthfully, ScubaBoard really isn't as important in life as so many of us here feel it is. :)

BLASPHEMER!!!

:rofl3:

I am constantly asking students, tourists, residents, other instructors, dive operators; have you heard of ScubaBoard? Less than 5% have heard of it and less than a third of those participate. I had to make a profile for my BDB and email her the link so she would occasionally participate. I still have to bait her, by only posting the pictures through SB.

Back to the OP; my BDB is the only diver I have spoken to with regards to an EH trip. She did the Carthaginian trip (Thur 1PM?) and I met her at the wreck via scooter from shore. Other than a $50 picture disk with crappy photos that don't open unless you are a geek, the crew was pleasant enough (met them at the ramp).

FWIW,

I just booked(15 minutes ago) some trips with Extended Horizons and Dive and Sea Maui.

Both of them were very friendly and answered all my questions. It reaffirmed my research from ScubaBoard and talking to others that I went with them.

I will post a trip report when I get back.

Dennis

I look forward to hearing that trip report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom