is diving friendly for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gold4

Reaction score
The scuba community is all one great big happy family so it really doesn't matter if your female or male the only BIIIIIIIG problem is finding other women divers in your local area because most of them are married and there dive buddy is there spouse so it is hard to find a women buddy but other than that It's great :D

Honey, most of the female scuba divers I've met in these parts (and in Florida, oddly enough) are independent, high spirited, bright, single or divorced women who don't give a hoot about whether their dive buddy is male, female, single, married, green, purple, or blue. They just want to grab life by the horns and get as much as they can out of every day.

Amen to that.:wink:

Sex doesn't matter! A good buddy should be judged and accepted by alot more than their gender.

raviepoo once bubbled...
Honey, most of the female scuba divers I've met in these parts (and in Florida, oddly enough) are independent, high spirited, bright, single or divorced women who don't give a hoot about whether their dive buddy is male, female, single, married, green, purple, or blue. They just want to grab life by the horns and get as much as they can out of every day.

Amen to that.:wink:

Ravie....You got that right, Sister!

I get tired of hanging with the guys all the time. It would be nice (said wistfully) to have a female friend to dive with.....

DM

Dee once bubbled...
A good buddy should be judged and accepted by alot more than their gender.

I've noticed the same thing around here. It's probably 'cause single female divers don't stay single for long!

My husband and I both dive, but we often take a third single person along, male or female. Hmm, a threesome?.... :wink:

When we dive with larger groups, there's always another woman or two, so I get to chat with the ladies then, too. It is nice to dive with other women, even though we are quite a minority in this area. (Not women, just women divers.)

Guys are even worse for needing to have more men involved in their activities - a perfect example is aerobics - when's the last time a lone male survived an entire class of women!? :D

I am almost always the only women diving. It's really nice to have another female along.
I dove in Coz for a week w/ a lady my boyfriend & I labeled Scuba Barbie. All of her equipment was brand new, color coordinated (pink) & she dove in full make-up. When we were back on the boat she would take out her make-up kit & reapply. It was obvious she didn't like diving & was only doing it to please her hubby (she was the 2nd wife) But she was so nice to me & happy to have me along, as female companionship, that even though we were worlds apart, I couldn't help but like her & enjoy her companionship as well.

i'm usually the only women in the group.. or it's more like 2-3 women and 10-15 guys! and now i've found a boyfriend who won't get under water even if i begged :D so i'm still in a search of a dive buddy.. anyone?! :)

oh yeah regarding this:

Shadow once bubbled...

Guys are even worse for needing to have more men involved in their activities - a perfect example is aerobics - when's the last time a lone male survived an entire class of women!? :D

unbelievable but there is one i know. every thusday and thursday from 8 to 9 p.m., for 6 months now..! :)

Back
Top Bottom