is diving friendly for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I know I'm the wrong gender, but I'm always curious what the better half has to say...

and now i've found a boyfriend who won't get under water even if i begged

Ah yes the male croatian mentality...I know it well. I would think most guys would jump at the opportunity. If I started dating a girl that say...skydived...woohoo!!! But then again, I think divers are to some degree daredevils and want to live life to the "controlled edge"...lol
Beg? Well, that's his loss I guess. There's been a thread on this topic before, but I tend to want to date someone that at least would consider diving and perhaps at least take the OW course. This brings down the dating possibilities quite a bit. I'm going to Palau with a group and a woman is traveling with us and leaving the husband at home for 2 weeks...he doesn't dive. Some might consider this a blessing...I'd really want my girlfriend/wife to dive. Then again, diving is becoming more and more a passion.

so i'm still in a search of a dive buddy.. anyone?!

Pick me...Pick me :wave:
Uzput mozemo i razgovarat na nekoliko jezika...ti meni na engleski, a ja tebi na hrvatski...lol
=-)

As far as women diving...I'm all for it. Wish there were more. Matter of fact, I'd rather have a female diver with me than a male diver. Maybe it's my ego surfacing...don't know.

My question is: Have you asked female friends to dive? What are the reasons for those that have declined?

During my last trip to Cozumel and G.C., the ratio was roughly 50-50. Alot of couples, diving together. I paired up with a female diver and it was a great conversation starter. My male buddies "hooked up" with her non-diving friends which made things enjoyable for everyone

ktarlecky once bubbled...
Hey I'm single! I've been diving for 2 years with no avail. (in the man category) :wink:

careful! around here, you'll get more dates than you can shake a stick at! :wink:

is that you can do it as a couple and in groups of mixed-gender, mixed-skill friends. There are only a few things that women, men, and people of varying skill/experience/age/background can do and enjoy together. Sure there are certain circumstances where you only want experienced divers, etc. but as a rule it is an even playing field. This is especially for vacation diving in warm climates, which is generally the kind I do.

For the woman going to Palau w/o hubby, that is sad to me. If I am taking two weeks off to relax, I want my husband with me! Maybe that's one reason I married a diver.:idea:

LOL, look out girl, you just opened the floodgates! :wink:

Seriously, I think diving is a very friendly sport for women, there isn't as many involved as men, but I know with the group I dive with, ANY diver that is competent is more than welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom