Info Is DAN Insurance worthwhile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got about half way and in my opinion this is their best video yet.

Shows exactly how inexperienced divers don't deal and cope with DCS. Kind of funny that they don't get it and try to show it as a positive.

Like yeah, I came out from a really nice 3 hour dive bent as a coathanger, could not walk or talk normaly. My teammates knew something was up, so they gave me oxygen and let me sleep it off with no monitoring.
Anyway 12 hours later we figure out i'm really bent.
i agree with you, by the time we was eating the steak we was in a pretty bad shape. actually at the end of that dive with the sign he showns i will had rush him to the ER right away).

On another note in 2010 i was on a dive boat in Utila, i diver pop up OOO from about 30 feet. I get him out of the water. long story short it took about 3 minutes before the instructor end the crew decided to give him oxygen. (he did consult medic on the island and stay two days on oxygen but i don't recall if he went to the chamber. Anyway don't take chance if any doubt if 02 is available take it right away an than ER.

He had symptoms that are closer to IPO, not neurological DCS (based on the video, who knows what happened between the clickbait and reality). So a chamber might not have been the right answer and the right use of DAN funds?

I do wonder if activating the Royal Bahamas Police force via 911 would have gotten him to a higher level of care faster.
good point, i am surprise also they didn't thing about in water recompression , i read somewhere that 30 minutes at 10 meter could not be bad if no other solution are in place. if interested i could find it (actually thinking about it's a video).

He had symptoms that are closer to IPO, not neurological DCS (based on the video, who knows what happened between the clickbait and reality). So a chamber might not have been the right answer and the right use of DAN funds?
maybe but at least when they contact dan the first time they should have provide the ressources to clear it up dan fail at this.

Dan was simply awesome for me. I broke my leg in Fiji, and they paid for everything, including first class flight and transportation to my home in Suwannee County.

Dan was simply awesome for me. I broke my leg in Fiji, and they paid for everything, including first class flight and transportation to my home in Suwannee County.
did it take long to sort it out ? From your experience why it s was so complicated for woody ?

Sounds like the issue was DAN couldn't arrange transport fast enough for Woody so he opted to arrange it for himself.

Sounds like the issue was DAN couldn't arrange transport fast enough for Woody so he opted to arrange it for himself.
yes funny cause DAN say med evacuation was not possible before 24 hrs , they did find an airvac on there own. we know the rest of the story.

yes funny cause DAN say med evacuation was not possible before 24 hrs , they did find an airvac on there own. we know the rest of the story.
It's not that simple. DAN must arrange the full works - evacuation (ambulance, airplane etc.), a doctor to accompany you and the correct facility has to be ready for you. They can't just a book a random plane to move you from one hospital to another, in case that your symptoms worsen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom