Is Coronavirus keeping you from booking liveaboard/overseas trips this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got an email from my Condo Board. Someone (not me) just tested positive for COVID-19.
It just crossed the threshold from a news story to close to home (literally).

It also was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back" and the Banff trip is a "No Go".

So an update, Socorro trip for March 24-April 3 cancelled. Aggressor offered voucher to be used within 1 year. Dive assure agreed to cancel the trip insurance and liveaboard rider and maintain the credit to apply to the rescheduled trip. American airlines allowed cancelation without and fees. So while I'm wallowing in self pity that I was so close, I'm so far away from making the trip. I took no financial hit despite my doubt, can say I'm pleasantly surprised. The dive shop who organized the trip offered me a cash refund for the trip if I didn't want to reschedule. Communication with Inland Divers (trip organisers) was prompt and definitive, their response to a crappy situation was stellar and I would definitely consider another trip with them.

So an update, Socorro trip for March 24-April 3 cancelled. Aggressor offered voucher to be used within 1 year. Dive assure agreed to cancel the trip insurance and liveaboard rider and maintain the credit to apply to the rescheduled trip. American airlines allowed cancelation without and fees. So while I'm wallowing in self pity that I was so close, I'm so far away from making the trip. I took no financial hit despite my doubt, can say I'm pleasantly surprised. The dive shop who organized the trip offered me a cash refund for the trip if I didn't want to reschedule. Communication with Inland Divers (trip organisers) was prompt and definitive, their response to a crappy situation was stellar and I would definitely consider another trip with them.

Thanks for sharing. Please feel free to share here as well: Canceled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

I am updating a google doc with data and will include your Dive Assure information there. (I already have Aggressor on there)

That's a great outcome! Glad it worked out for you.

I just got an email from my Condo Board. Someone (not me) just tested positive for COVID-19.
It just crossed the threshold from a news story to close to home (literally).

It also was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back" and the Banff trip is a "No Go".

It appeared in my building the other day. Needless to say they have shut down the gym and all rec areas. They are even contemplating shuting down laundry area now.

Stay safe and stay healthy

One of the liveaboards I am scheduled to be on is still dragging their feet on rescheduling, even for people who cannot get into the country at all under any circumstance due to the travel ban such as Germany and the UK. As it is not the final outcome, I am not naming any names so please do not ask.

"At that stage, nobody knows how long this situation is gonna last. As a logical and direct consequence: we stick to our terms and conditions.
When the corona virus crisis will be behind us, it is the time to know exactly how many guests cancelled their cruise (whatever the reasons are) and see if technically and financially we can afford to issue vouchers and under which conditions.
For now, any decision or promise that would be made before the total end of that exceptional (and extremely complicated) situation would be irresponsible.
For the time being, we take note of the all the cancellations, one by one. We will evaluation if we can sort something out, when we know precisely the number and the total estimated value that represent all the bookings cancelled.
As you surely understand, It is still way too early to measure the final impact of this exceptional crisis to the world, to the populations and obviously to our company."

I would say that over the next week or so we are going to see a huge increase in cases due to the roll out of all the testing now available.

I'm scared my trip to Hawaii (June) will be cancelled. Planning going there for two weeks. Actually to visit a convention, and some fun stuff on the side.
Plane tickets could not be bought last week, since the US placed a travel ban on travel from Europe (well could be bought, but no insurance possible). And now with all COVID-19 restrictions, not sure what will happen.

So this night, an email popped in, that the convention in Honolulu is cancelled next June. So no trip, and no scuba there.

I would say that over the next week or so we are going to see a huge increase in cases due to the roll out of all the testing now available.
Do you really believe they'll roll out a bunch of tests?

#45 is on record stating that he wants the (his?) numbers to be as small as possible. Me, I suspect that that's regardless of what the real situation is. So I wouldn't bet my life savings that that rollout is coming.

That and communal spread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom