Is Coronavirus keeping you from booking liveaboard/overseas trips this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually that's exactly what I did. I offered a couple of options since I figured they could use the cash flow, but with the understanding that if something uncontrollable comes up (country closed, etc.) they will be flexible and let me reschedule. Still waiting to hear back. I figure that's a win win for both parties so hopefully they will at least consider it. I figure they would rather have 100% of my money when they need it and are suffering reduced bookings than 40% of it and no chance of me booking with them again.

Awesome. Please keep us posted on what you find. Where is your LOB to?

I'm in the process of requesting a mod move it from Asia as I think it's beneficial to have it in General Travel discussions, but if you would like, you can share your outcome here: Canceled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes
Once I get a confirmed outcome I definitely will. I think it is valuable to the community now for folks that have pending trips and also valuable once the dust settles so people will know who exhibited reasonable customer service during the health crisis.

Once I get a confirmed outcome I definitely will. I think it is valuable to the community now for folks that have pending trips and also valuable once the dust settles so people will know who exhibited reasonable customer service during the health crisis.

Agree, and if anyone is traveling similar dates with that op, or even same op, they will have an idea of what's possible and what's not so it's easier to make decisions, etc.

I recently cancelled a 2 week trip to Bonaire for the first 2 weeks of April. The airline, accommodations, dive operation, and rental car, all allowed me to take a credit for a trip later this year. All I had to do was to ask.

"Warmer"? That's so funny on so many levels.Pretty warm where we are today.

Over 30C in the Philippines and over half the population in strict lock down.

Anyone else notice that the person crying fake news the most is usually the one generating the most fake news? Kind of like teenage boys talking about having sex.

While not a dive trip, I have a photo trip planned to Banff Alberta late next month. It is beginning to look as though I will probably be cancelling the trip due to COVID-19, but as of today, it is still a Go.

Having said that, today it was announced that Parks Canada will be effectively closing all National Parks immediately. At this point, it is not known exactly what that means. I know that they can not throw a road block up or "close a gate" into Banff National Park because the entrance is a major highway. What is not known is will parking lots and trails to features be open but unmanned, or will these be cordoned off.

Tomorrow, the PM is expected to implement the Emergency Measures Act which gives him extraordinary power. One of the actions that has been mentioned is the banning of inter-provincial travel and/or banning domestic air travel. If either of these happen, it would push the trip from "Go" to "No Go".

I'm scared my trip to Hawaii (June) will be cancelled. Planning going there for two weeks. Actually to visit a convention, and some fun stuff on the side.
Plane tickets could not be bought last week, since the US placed a travel ban on travel from Europe (well could be bought, but no insurance possible). And now with all COVID-19 restrictions, not sure what will happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom