Is anyone planning to go on a Red Sea liveaboard in the Aug-Oct 2020 timeframe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

  • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nippurmagnum

Contributor
Messages
346
Reaction score
411
Location
Washington DC metro
# of dives
500 - 999
I had planned to make a return dive trip to the Red Sea this August, having thoroughly enjoyed my first trip last year. I probably won’t be able to do that for work reasons. But I’m wondering if anyone is planning to go now that Egypt is apparently allowing dive liveaboards to resume operations.
 

JackOfDiamonds

Advanced Corn Hole Diver
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
10,246
Location
The Holy Land
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Im right next door so will probably go as soon as the border opens and travel is allowed again
 

Tippytoes12

Contributor
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
594
Location
UK
# of dives
500 - 999
One of the scuba companies we have used here are selling LOBs and trips from September onwards. Another mentioned 50% occupancy max.

But with this virus nobody knows.
 

JustSurfaceInterval

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Messages
303
Reaction score
178
Location
Germany
# of dives
200 - 499

P-Dog

Contributor
Messages
188
Reaction score
111
Location
Kohala, Hawaii
# of dives
200 - 499
Have a look at the other Egypt thread. P-Dog from Hawaii is scheduled for August.

And here you can find a list of the certified operations.

[Edit: that is perhaps too specific] And if you are very in to the topic, look at the Manual and Protocol of Audits for Diving Centers and Safari boats

[Edit: added] The guidelines are more something to read.


Yes. I am scheduled for August. The first boat leaves August 8th. The second boat is August 15th. There is a hiccup with the August 15th boat because there may note be enough reservations. I"m looking at, possibly, staying at a resort that week instead.

JustsurfaceInterval, Thank you for those guides to read. Very informative.
 

Mmx06

Registered
Messages
15
Reaction score
19
Location
Germany
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am scheduled for an early September North Tour (not sure if it will take place).
I read the news that the Extra-Divers "MY Red Sea Explorer" has confirmed tours on 13.August (South Tour), 20.August and 03. September (from their FB page).
 

Jennilee913

Registered
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Location
Los Angeles
# of dives
50 - 99
We were scheduled to go in early September. We had rebooked our trip from late March. But with how things are going in the US, AND the portion of our flight that got us to Egypt and back cancelled, we decided to further postpone our trip to March 2021. :(

Looking forward to (jealously) reading updates about people's trips!
 

SSC-uba

Registered
Messages
25
Reaction score
10
Location
Toronto
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading there for a BDE itinerary in early September. So far everything seems a go, so fingers crossed.
 
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Top Bottom