Is a DIN first stage the same as a converted one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's going to depend on the regulator. Some must be "converted" other are DIN to begin with and you just screw them into a "yoke adapter" that you'd not think of as an adapter if you saw the regulator in that configuration to begin with.

No, that's not the case with the Aqualung regs.
I recently purchased a Legend Non-ACD in yoke, but also bought a DIN ACD conversion kit with it. It only took about 5 minutes to swap it out and now it's how I want it. But be careful when you buy the conversion kit, there is both a DIN ACD and DIN Non-ACD version. The ACD version has a spring in it.

Ahh sounds like someone I know got ripped.
He brought a new Legend Yoke (importer does not bring in DIN :shakehead:)
Then had to buy the DIN converter and lost the ACD feature because the agent said they couldnt do it on a conversion.
I told him he should have just broght a DIN unit on line in the first place!

I recently purchased a Legend Non-ACD in yoke, but also bought a DIN ACD conversion kit with it. It only took about 5 minutes to swap it out and now it's how I want it. But be careful when you buy the conversion kit, there is both a DIN ACD and DIN Non-ACD version. The ACD version has a spring in it.

AquaLung's ACD seem to be much better than other brands' 1st stage preventing systems.
I use Apeks XTX 1st and 2nd stages can I buy AquaLung DIN ACD conversion kit and put it on my Apeks first stage?? (both are AquaLung group's brands?)

Back
Top Bottom