Inventory Issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking forward to when the Signatures come back in stock, ideally in both colors. I've been given the Go by my financial advisor / dive buddy / wife that the last piece of my kit - the regs - will be my bday gift this coming spring. Heavily leaning towards Deep6 for a variety of reasons...just hope to be able to do so before next dive a few months out. :)

I have put some Orange Second Stages back in stock, as we still have some. We also have Blue Second stages as well at the moment. Black is the only second stage color currently out of stock.

I wasn't trying to argue, I was just wondering how you arrived at the question of if we are 'phasing out regulators'. It seemed rather out of place given the context of the thread. I was truly curious.

As previously mentioned in the thread, we are temporarily out of stock but have more on the way. I also took a moment to explain why packages weren't visible. Besides the packages, the DIN 1sts and 2nd stages are individually visible on the website. The demand for our regulators has been larger than expected this year, so we have been playing catch up with production.

Our time and resources have lately been split since we have been adding several new products to our line like the computer and neoprene products. Stay tuned, we have more items coming as we gear up for the holidays. We look forward to your reg order :)

Cheers,
Landon
The demand for your regulators are so high because Deep6 produces a awesome product. I just purchased the Signature sidemount reg. package and absolutely love them, plus including free service kits is awesome..

5B7342DA-FB3D-4891-A592-B8285AF28F28.jpeg
I have put some Orange Second Stages back in stock, as we still have some. We also have Blue Second stages as well at the moment. Black is the only second stage color currently out of stock.
Love my blue second. Will eventually grab an orange too for a back up

I’m not trying to mock anyone, that tag line has been there for years, long before Deep 6.

I appreciate the comments and have been working to get the inventory caught up. Rapid growth for a start up is a “good” problem but still a problem.

Wings take me 120 days to get at a minimum, and while I order based on history, gut and cash flow sometimes there will be a period of a couple months where I am out of stock. We set the website to not show out of stock inventory so customers wouldn’t get false expectations, maybe that was a mistake.

Other than the wing which affects the BP/W combo you said that multiple items are out of stock. Two and three gauge consoles, XXL fins and wings. Frankly we are better stocked now than all year.

Regards your service comments, we allow owner servicing and encourage anyone servicing a reg to have training. We also offer servicing and in fact with the signature series reg do the first two services free(thru end 2018 then go to first one free). We have always had parts to service our regs, we did run out of the service kits we include free as spares for a while(which is why we expanded to two free services actually to say sorry). Service of Deep 6 regs includes the kits for free. All of that is a moot point because we have never sold kits by themselves because every reg we have sold is still under the free service period and there is no need or reason to sell the kits. Some folks have thought that means we don’t have service parts. We do and have always. We just ran into a period where our supply was lower and so we could service any issue stopped sending kits with purchase. That has since been resolved and we sent out the kits to all that didn’t get when they got their regs. We won’t have service kits in the site for sale until Jan 2020.

I’m sorry you got offended

Have you considered angel investors or similar to help alleviate the issue of not having the cash flow to maintain stock? Demand seems to be there, so if the business is otherwise well run, I can't imagine it would be that hard to find someone willing to infuse some cash into the business for terms that would be amenable to all.

It’s the slow (container) boat from China problem.

It’s the slow (container) boat from China problem.

I don't know how Deep6's stuff is routed, but there is a huge cluster in LA/LGB and at many of the rail ramps around the country right now. But given he's in Georgia, a routing over Savannah would make the most sense, and there's not that much congestion in Savannah right now.

<---licensed customs broker and 25+ years experience in int'l shipping.

I don't know how Deep6's stuff is routed, but there is a huge cluster in LA/LGB and at many of the rail ramps around the country right now. But given he's in Georgia, a routing over Savannah would make the most sense, and there's not that much congestion in Savannah right now.

<---licensed customs broker and 25+ years experience in int'l shipping.
takes an extra 2-3 weeks to get to Sav. and the port is SLOW clearing, adds a month over west sea to rail to ATL

takes an extra 2-3 weeks to get to Sav. and the port is SLOW clearing, adds a month over west sea to rail to ATL

Currently it’s taking 1-2 weeks to get stuff on the rail in LA/LGB. My stuff going SAV to ATL via rail is getting on the train in a day or two after discharge. My ATL customer has had repeated issues for years over the west coast so it’s all water via SAV now.

Are you getting full containers or LCL shipments?

I can't imagine they're getting full containers. I could see filling a 20, but a 40 or a high cube would be a TON of inventory.

I'm glad all I have to deal with are the carnet's and let Rock-It do the rest. I couldn't imagine having to deal with actually importing goods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom