Inventory Issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if facebook is where the most information is, you should probably link your facebook page in your profile

Added to my signature.

DEEP SIX

It is linked from our main site page as well and is the first option available when you search on FB.

Thank you guys for the hurricane relief. It speaks volumes about the company.

Many people don't have facebook however so keep that in mind. Its cool you guys are getting into neoprene and such but you didnt mention what most people have gone off and bought other brands of which are your DIN reg sets.

I asked Deep 6 this same question just yesterday. I was told by email that, "an air shipment [of DIN regs] is currently on its way"

you didnt mention what most people have gone off and bought other brands of which are your DIN reg sets.

See Above.:)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 115
Totally understand about being busy with hurricane disaster relief, obviously that takes priority.

However, one thing I do find strange about the website is that if a product is out of stock, it doesn't show up at all. For example, if you click on Regulators > Second Stages, or Regulators > Regulator Packages, or Thermal, all you get is a page that says "We can't find products matching the selection." This was really confusing for me when I first heard about Deep 6, because a majority of your products were invisible to me when I first checked out the website. It seems contrary to the way most other online stores operate.

I think it would be really helpful if all products would appear on the site so that we can browse them, even if they're backordered / not currently in stock.

@Kmart921

We use Magento as our base software. Many of our products are presented in packages, the price of these packages is calculated dynamically, based on the items in stock within the packages. This is a core Magento function, handled as a defined function within the Magento API. The problem is when an item goes out of stock, it is not calculated as part of the combined package total (a grouped product in Magento terms).

For a simple example, a single second stage package (where you get a second + hose + service kit), once the second stage goes out of stock, the grouped product package would only calculate and display a price of hose + service kit. I have chosen to have these packages disappear, so I don't get inundated with infuriated divers who can't order $30 second stages, because that is what it says on the website.

So while products not showing when out of stock is a mild annoyance, and I do aim to fix it when I have the time, having them show with incorrect prices like $30 for a second+hose+kit would be a much larger headache if that makes sense.

To try and reach a balance, I have disabled the viewing of the grouped packages (so improper pricing is not displayed), but have added the individual 1st and 2nd stages to be viewable, even when out of stock. This should be a middle of the road solution until I can work out a more optimal solution.

Cheers,
Landon

@LandonL
It looks like no regulators are available now but you can buy wet suits and fins. Are you phasing out the regulators?

@LandonL
It looks like no regulators are available now but you can buy wet suits and fins. Are you phasing out the regulators?
They have 1st and 2nd stages hoses and gauges listed I guess they are updating the packages.

@LandonL

@rvojr We are a regulator company, what would make you think that?

Please see the explanation in the post just before yours.

@Kmart921

We use Magento as our base software. Many of our products are presented in packages, the price of these packages is calculated dynamically, based on the items in stock within the packages. This is a core Magento function, handled as a defined function within the Magento API. The problem is when an item goes out of stock, it is not calculated as part of the combined package total (a grouped product in Magento terms).

For a simple example, a single second stage package (where you get a second + hose + service kit), once the second stage goes out of stock, the grouped product package would only calculate and display a price of hose + service kit. I have chosen to have these packages disappear, so I don't get inundated with infuriated divers who can't order $30 second stages, because that is what it says on the website.

So while products not showing when out of stock is a mild annoyance, and I do aim to fix it when I have the time, having them show with incorrect prices like $30 for a second+hose+kit would be a much larger headache if that makes sense.

To try and reach a balance, I have disabled the viewing of the grouped packages (so improper pricing is not displayed), but have added the individual 1st and 2nd stages to be viewable, even when out of stock. This should be a middle of the road solution until I can work out a more optimal solution.

Cheers,
Landon

I understand what you wrote in the post before and am not looking to argue. My concern was that I identified Deep 6 regs as the ones I wanted to buy as the first I own , but am unable to buy them because first the 1st stage din and now both 2nds are out of stock. I saw new wetsuits and computers. Personally I thought it was strange that a regulator company would not have regulators for sale and wanted to ask you prior to moving on to another brand.

I have until December so I can wait a while longer.

I understand what you wrote in the post before and am not looking to argue. My concern was that I identified Deep 6 regs as the ones I wanted to buy as the first I own , but am unable to buy them because first the 1st stage din and now both 2nds are out of stock. I saw new wetsuits and computers. Personally I thought it was strange that a regulator company would not have regulators for sale and wanted to ask you prior to moving on to another brand.

I have until December so I can wait a while longer.

Give them some time. As a new startup, they don't enjoy the benefits of the "bigger names" out there that have the capital to consistently churn out regulators and fill the warehouses with 'em. I'm pretty sure Landon, Christopher and the D6 team are working their best to get the regulators back in stock. :)

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for my wetsuits to deliver :java:

Back
Top Bottom