Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I forgot to mention that too... I had this big fat grin on my face while I was trying to sleep every night. It was extremely annoying.

Shore dives, yes yes yes. Can't work in extra days front or back, but I'd love to do some shore dives with y'all.

Something I've been wanting to do while on a trip to Mexico is the Chinchorro Banks. It is remote and due to distance the dive ops that do this require a min of 4 or 6 divers. It is something to consider for those that are planning on staying an extra week.

How long are you thinking about staying over? I'm thinking about staying over for a week so that I'm still in Cozumel/Mexico for my bday on July 14.

I was thinking 2 or maybe 3 nights at the end if I do the rescue course... because I need 4 days to do that and I can only get 2 weeks off. Unless I do the course afterwards.... but I wanted to do it beforehand so I can be better prepared to save all your sorry asses, lmao! J/K!! (but seriously, I should find a superman wetsuit!)

I was thinking 2 or maybe 3 nights at the end if I do the rescue course... because I need 4 days to do that and I can only get 2 weeks off. Unless I do the course afterwards.... but I wanted to do it beforehand so I can be better prepared to save all your sorry asses, lmao! J/K!! (but seriously, I should find a superman wetsuit!)

Here you go ... Wetwear - Design A Custom Wet Suit

And got stuck with a bunch of rowdy, loud-mouths who became more and more obnoxious as the invasion went on! With their ongoing shenanigans and ridiculous Precision Dive Team #8 gang sign. Made me wanna puke.

This year I want to dive with them again! :D

Yes I forgot to mention that too... I had this big fat grin on my face while I was trying to sleep every night. It was extremely annoying.

but I wanted to do it beforehand so I can be better prepared to save all your sorry asses, lmao! J/K!! (but seriously, I should find a superman wetsuit!)

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
You guys are too much! I love it!

Hola new/future shore diving buddy! Haha! I did 1 or 2 shore dives every day/night during last years invasion, and so did lots of other people. There was always something cool or different to see and it's about 20' max depth, so you can stay down a pretty long while - it was great, I loved it! Unfortunately, I saw lionfish on all the shore dives - but fortunately, it made for fun hunting :D, :swordfight: Also, since so many people were doing extra night boat dives too, Dive Paradise was only charging something like 30 bucks to go.

That's funny you mention the Isla Mujeres thing... I gave that some that too! That would be awesome! But right now I'm thinking of going early to do a rescue course and staying later to dive cenotes. I really wanna see whale sharks too though, so I was thinking maybe do it with the group... but man, Isla Mujeres would be SICK!! You definitely planted another seed in my head! Let me see how kind my tax refund is, lol!

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR ROXANNE!!!! And everyone else!!!!!!!! May it be filled with lots of safe diving :D:D:D

It's definitly a must do event and we would love to have you join us!

There were alot of the members last year that showed up several to 1 or 2 days early. Some of them stayed an extra day or 2 and even up to a week after. I agree that once you make the flight that you should make the most of it. Keep reposting you intentions and hopefully someone would be willing to join you. You only need to reserve your room now and if you need to add days on later, you can.

In case you didn't notice, we have available a whale shark excursion or cenote trip at the end of the Invasion. You could join in 1 of those as an option and then go on to do other things from there. Here's a link to the excursions.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...432-whaleshark-cenotes-excursion-details.html

If you have any other questions we'll do our best to help! Welcome!

Definitely looking forward to getting to know more SB members first hand and getting together for several shore dives after our boat dives will be great. I am flexible with my travel dates both before and after the scheduled "Invasion" so if you have a preference PansSiren on either side of the invasion to stay on Isla Mujeres along with others, I can commit to such a side trip. The Domino's await!

I do plan on signing up for the Cenotes experience as part of the Invasion itinerary - that is why I plan to visit Isla Mujeres either before or after the main event. My personal preference is to get there early since I will be flying into Cancun. I will be flying out of Cozumel so it makes sense to leave the next day or so after the cenotes diving. But again, I am flexible. Sorry DiverG, I won't be able to stay all the way thru your birthday however.

So - will the dive shop provide Lion Fish eradication devices? That could make for some fun night diving! :m16:

NW_D

Just made my reservation, including he Cenotes excursion- is it June yet???

That's AWESOME, we will add you to the crew list and map once I get the latest list from Bay Adventures on Friday.

WELCOME ABOARD, you are not the only one wishing it was June. :D

Last edited:

Hey John, ME TOO! I'm going to come back on Tuesday the 10th I think. I would like to do the cenotes after the group trip... don't want it to cut into my diving and drinking time with the group!!!! Bahahahaha! I was also thinking about visiting Tulum. I LOVE visiting the ruins even if they don't let you climb the pyramids anymore and I haven't visited Tulum yet. Let me know if you want to plan something. Don't worry you'll be safe with me! Bahahahahahahaha! Oh and I can save myself thanks! ROFL!

Myra
PDT #8 Member and proud of it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom