Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are we all meeting up at some place on saturday morning first?

I would think so. I know some people are doing boat diving but im sure there are a few that are going to do beach diving.

Well especially since there is such limited space on those boats. So where is everyone else going to meet up? This is suppose to be a meet and greet right?

Good question, Brian (Clammy).

For those of us that are doing Beach Dives Sat. instead of the boats, Is there any suggestions, hosts, or GPS cords.:D for where we can meet and dive?

Rick

Good question, Brian (Clammy).

For those of us that are doing Beach Dives Sat. instead of the boats, Is there any suggestions, hosts, or GPS cords.:D for where we can meet and dive?

Rick

I'll be on the boat Sat morning but Dannobee said he would be doing some shore diving Sat at Monastery and Coral Street (2 nice spots). http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...me-california-m-g-sept-5-7-a.html#post3751861.

I can lead a shore dive in the bay on Sun if anyone is interested. I figured we could talk about where and when at the dinner Sat night.

Some people were asking about shore diving on Saturday.

For those interested, I'm planning on being at North Monastery on Saturday about 9am and hope to be all suited up and getting wet by 10am. This would leave plenty of time to get in our dive, get lunch or something, then head to Coral Street to catch the early afternoon incoming tide.

High tide is at 3:18pm, so I'd like to catch the incoming tide and get in the water by 2pm. The difference between high and low tide is minimal, so there shouldn't be much current.

I'll go over proper entry/exit techniques for Monastery for those who haven't dived it before.

Obviously, if it's too big to dive, we'll choose an alternate site, but keep in mind that I'm cheap and don't like to pay for parking and I don't particularly like diving Breakwater. :wink:

Some people were asking about shore diving on Saturday.

For those interested, I'm planning on being at North Monastery on Saturday about 9am and hope to be all suited up and getting wet by 10am. This would leave plenty of time to get in our dive, get lunch or something, then head to Coral Street to catch the early afternoon incoming tide.

High tide is at 3:18pm, so I'd like to catch the incoming tide and get in the water by 2pm. The difference between high and low tide is minimal, so there shouldn't be much current.

I'll go over proper entry/exit techniques for Monastery for those who haven't dived it before.

Obviously, if it's too big to dive, we'll choose an alternate site, but keep in mind that I'm cheap and don't like to pay for parking and I don't particularly like diving Breakwater. :wink:

Thanks dannobee! That sounds like a plan. I will be there. Are there any links to where we will be meeting?

Thanks,
Rick

Im following brians plans :D but that sounds like where the beach dives are going to be see you there~

I've dove monastery before but I'm not 100% sure how to get there from Monterey proper because I wasn't navigating. Maybe it'd be better if everyone that plans to dive monastery meet up at say the mcdonalds on Del Monte or something?

It is almost time! I'm going to be arriving on Friday. Does anyone want to meet up for dinner on Friday night?

Back
Top Bottom