Interesting Use of Scooters at Ulua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Froggy's Profile

Interests: Smoke, drink, recreational drugs, extreme eating competitions

Certification Agencies: PADI
Certification History: PADI tech diver, all cert cards.
Certification Level: PADI tech
Dive History: I have more dives below 300 feet than most people do total dives in a lifetime.
Dive Classification: Technical Diver
# of Logged Dives: 3,000+
Years Certified: Ten Or More Years

And from a thread talking about computers.....

You know, there is this wonderful things in between computers and tables called a brain. You don't have to follow tables exclusively or computers exclusively. I know everyone on scubaboard is super fond of buying excessive and pointless equipment, but don't go dumping your misinformation on a nubcaek.

Computers serve no purpose underwater, it has nothing to do with "hating technology." You don't need to gadgetize everything. You can take care of yourself perfectly well underwater, and if you can't do that and you need a computer babysitter maybe you should go get trained?

I don't care that no one is swayed, I'm not trying to sway anyone. The employees in dive shops will continue to mislead and misinform people. Then as the diver thinks they become "experienced" they keep passing down this nonsense until it gets to you, and you think it is law. Get a brain.

Why on earth do you need a new computer to dive nitrox? Use your brain.

You have absolutely no bussiness at 137 feet on a single alu80. I'm glad you were trained so bloody well that you understood that.

Can we have a sticky for "i just got certified" threads? It's not like any of them have anything to say.

You get the idea. He's just stirring the pot and I suppose needs to be put on ignore, board wide :)

KrisB:
yup... the good old SADS is kicking in for my countrymen.

Ah well. Did you read his profile? Pretty spiteful and high on himself there, too.

He has more dives below 300 feet than most people do total dives. I did the math. Most people have zero total dives to any depth, so, if he has one, he has more.

I got a kick outta his caution about diving to 137 on a single al80. Well on his SAC rate it would be dangerous for certain, on mine, yours or most other decent divers, not an issue, LOL

Have you guys read the Threads "started" by Foggy? He's almost nice in a couple of threads he started. Then it all went down hill from there, lol.

Hmmm. as of July 06, he's had 20 cold water dives, stated in one of his threads? Sorry but, I tend to not believe that this guy who claims to be a collage student has 3,000+ dives.

Naw he's lucky if he has 20 dives total.

But's he's a supporter of GUE/DIR if you read his posts. The guys I know who are into that aspect of diving have some pretty good common sense and actually enjoy diving with me. But when I see someone who preaches it as though it's the ONLY way then I know we have a new cult convert.

Is it much harder to steer the scooters when you're wearing them this way?

Where'd you disappear to Fog-man? Weird......

Scooters steer by twisting and turning your head and body when you ride them this way. It takes a minute to get the hang of it but it's less stress on you and it's really a blast!

archman:
Is it much harder to steer the scooters when you're wearing them this way?
Not at all, archman. You just use your fins for fine control, and bend at the waist for major control.

It really is like flying -- you roll to one side and pull your nose up to turn.

Shaka Doug:
Where'd you disappear to Fog-man? Weird......

!
It appears that he's picked up his toys and left. No sign of his posts anywhere, he was never here :)

Al Mialkovsky:
It appears Foggy's posts have gone away :)
It appears so has he -- a member search for TheFoggyMask turns up nothing.

I wonder if he found the delete account button, or if a Mod found some "troll-remover" spray...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom