Interested in or needing to change O-rings in the Oly PT-15...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This .pdf file was posted by Carve n Dive on digitaldiver.net. Looks like great stuff to know.

Instructions to change PT-015 o-rings.

One of the other members, Rick, has sourced out the o-rings and will probably be selling o-ring kits after the first of the year.

Dee once bubbled...
This .pdf file was posted by Carve n Dive on digitaldiver.net. Looks like great stuff to know.

Instructions to change PT-015 o-rings.

One of the other members, Rick, has sourced out the o-rings and will probably be selling o-ring kits after the first of the year.

I planned to do the same when I was servicing my PT-015 (I even made pictures) by my English is not so good to make servicing manual.

The reason why I did the service was the same as mentioned in this doc: salt crystals on top of mode dial and on-off switch. And the leakage was very small but obvious. No problems after service.

Thanks for the link mate, that is going to be really helpful, if if you do come up with a supply for the o rings please let us all know asap as im sure many of us will be wanting to do this.

Easy step by step guide. Crackin

Rob UK

lal7176 once bubbled...
Just out of curiosity. Did Rick provide the fatter o-ring as outlined in the o-ring replacement article or did he supply a standard size replacement? Either way its to great of a deal to pass up.:D

I got 1 pencil eraser size
20 slightly smaller
1 little one about O that size.

They all look fat to me! O trust that he sent the ones that fit.

Dee once bubbled...

I got 1 pencil eraser size
20 slightly smaller
1 little one about O that size.

They all look fat to me! O trust that he sent the ones that fit.
Im sure they all fit. I was just referring to the section of the article(pg2) where he was referring to water seeping past the mode selector, on-offf control. He suggested that a o-ring with a smaller inner diameter be used.

Hi Dee:

We bought our PT-015 housing about 6 weeks ago, but we will not use it until springtime. Since it will be in storage for several months since we bought it and who knows how long it has been in inventory, should we change all the o-rings before we use it for the first time? Or would that be over kill?

Dinercat:
Hi Dee:

We bought our PT-015 housing about 6 weeks ago, but we will not use it until springtime. Since it will be in storage for several months since we bought it and who knows how long it has been in inventory, should we change all the o-rings before we use it for the first time? Or would that be over kill?

No, it should be fine. The folks who are getting the O-rings have 100's of dives on their PT-15's or they're getting them for back-ups just in case.

Lal....Without seeing what the originals look like, I have no idea if these have a smaller inner diameter or not.

Dee - thank you for passing this on - I'm on my way now to check for salt crystals!

Really! is there no end to the useful topics that crop up on this Board?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom