Installing kubi glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4th element wrist warmers are magical

I have a dry suit with latex wrist seals and I have a question about installing the KUBI system.
I saw one video where the aluminum rings were glued to a dry suit sleeve that had no wrist seals. This looked like a difficult job where the aluminum rings would need to be a very close fit to the dry suit sleeve diameter. Not to mention mucking around with two part adhesives and all.
Then I found another video where the KUBI rings were installed on to the existing wrist seals of a dry suit. No glue, just a few minutes of wrestling the things in to place.
Whats the story on fitting these things to your suit? I have a ScubaPro Evertech LT with latex seals.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Found the right video. Now I see how they attach. Looks good.

I have a dry suit with latex wrist seals and I have a question about installing the KUBI system.
I saw one video where the aluminum rings were glued to a dry suit sleeve that had no wrist seals. This looked like a difficult job where the aluminum rings would need to be a very close fit to the dry suit sleeve diameter. Not to mention mucking around with two part adhesives and all.
Then I found another video where the KUBI rings were installed on to the existing wrist seals of a dry suit. No glue, just a few minutes of wrestling the things in to place.
Whats the story on fitting these things to your suit? I have a ScubaPro Evertech LT with latex seals.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have both kinds of Kubi rings. I got the kind that clamp onto an existing latex wrist seal first, so that I could have dry gloves. They worked just fine. But, using those only yields half the benefit. The part of the latex seal that is in between the rings and the suit’s sleeve will eventually get a hole/tear. Then you will have to remove that old seal and glue on a new one - missing one or more dives in the process.

If you go with the glued in rings, all you need is to carry a spare wrist seal or a spare dry glove to be pretty assured of never missing a dive due to a torn wrist seal. And no further need for glue.

@Dive Right In Scuba installed my permanent Kubi rings into my old dry suit. They made a short tube of neoprene for each sleeve that adapted the end of the trilam to the correct diameter for the rings. That was 3 years ago(?). My buddy that bought that suit from me was diving with me today, in that suit with those rings, which are still working perfectly, and with no problems yet.

I've had a bitch of a time installing the cuff rings on the wrist seal. Can get to the point where I put on the fixing O-ring, but then turn the sleeve back right-side out? Fuggedaboudit.

I've had a bitch of a time installing the cuff rings on the wrist seal. Can get to the point where I put on the fixing O-ring, but then turn the sleeve back right-side out? Fuggedaboudit.

Pictures would help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom