Installing kubi glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pictures would help.

Geez, the hoops you have to jump through just to include images ...

Can get to this point:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-13-at-11.22.43-AM.png

But turning the sleeve back right side out with the ring in place? Uh-uh.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-13-at-11.23.01-AM.png

Images from Kubi's online user guide.

I just did mine yesterday, would agree this is definitely the hard part. I turned the ring so it's getting more towards perpendicular (basically so that you're only trying to push through a small part of the ring at a time).

There's a strip of reinforcing fabric on the inside of the sleeve just below where the seal is attached. Will Not go back right side out over the ring. Too inflexible.

Just have to wait for new suit, I guess.

Do you have to trim your wrist seals a little wider to accommodate them? Maybe too wide to get a seal without them?

nope, I can wrangle my wrists through the seals that work if I want to go gloveless/wet gloves even with the wrist warmers

Any other tricks for the inversion on the sleeve? I am doing this with Rolock (same concept) and having similar issues. Really hard to turn inside out. Wondering if there's a way to install without turning the sleeve inside out. Or any other hacks to make this easier. Putting too much stress on the existing latex seals.

Pictures? This sounds like a different system? I have the PU rings permanently installed in my suit.

Can you cut the latex seals off and just install the ring? I cut my neoprene seals off my old suit and did that.. I have a thread on here about it complete with pictures and everything.

Pictures? This sounds like a different system? I have the PU rings permanently installed in my suit.

Can you cut the latex seals off and just install the ring? I cut my neoprene seals off my old suit and did that.. I have a thread on here about it complete with pictures and everything.

Thanks I may do that....and look at switching to the Kubi. Rolock is a different system.

The Rolock concept is similar - attach to existing seal with an o-ring. But the stress installing on the existing seal impacted the integrity of the seal-to-suit cement. Permanent attachment to suit may be the way to go. I'll look for your thread. Thanks!

...looking. You are very active. :)

Thanks I may do that....and look at switching to the Kubi. Rolock is a different system.

The Rolock concept is similar - attach to existing seal with an o-ring. But the stress installing on the existing seal impacted the integrity of the seal-to-suit cement. Permanent attachment to suit may be the way to go. I'll look for your thread. Thanks!

...looking. You are very active. :)
I have the Rolock 90's. I chose the PU rings because they fit the Anteras (crap), the Waterproof Altimas, and the Rolock 90's.

They were not hard to install at all.. just some time and a lot of prep.

Here is my thread.. neoprene but you get the idea!

Reactions: Zef
I have the Rolock 90's. I chose the PU rings because they fit the Anteras (crap), the Waterproof Altimas, and the Rolock 90's.

They were not hard to install at all.. just some time and a lot of prep.

Here is my thread.. neoprene but you get the idea!
Nice. Yes the Antares is a disaster. If it was a car it would be recalled. My buddy has those on the Seaskin and was constantly getting leaks from them popping off. Switched to the Rolock 90 (perhaps your recommendation here) and is finally driving actually dry.

Back
Top Bottom