Inspiration OC/DSV & Scrubber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctwreckdiver

Reaction score
Hey Madmole (or anyone else for that matter!!!),

A couple of questions:

1. Apart from Bob Howell's, are there any other OC/DSV units available for the Inspiration? (who, contact info, pricing, if possible)

2. I read in an earlier post a comment about a 5 hour duration scrubber. Any further information???

Thanks,
C

There are 3 or 4 others around, although none are directly made for the inspiration so need adapting

Bobs is so good I cant see you wanting the others and the hassle though

The radial srubber is in development, I've seen the prototype, buit it will be a few months yet, Guess what? its another Bob Howell product!!!

http://www.divenet.com/divematics/mouthpiece/

If I can get a reply out of Bob Howell, I am trying to order his DSV/ADV. I like the low profile of the second stage he uses, as well as the swivel feature to it.

A radial Inspiration scrubber, eh? I always thought the Inspiration scrubber run time was rather short, so is a radial scrubber destined to last longer by virtue of the gas path or is it from more scrubber material or both?

It appears that there is a tad more room in the shell for a taller scrubber...

It will be interesting to see how Bob get's around the ultrasonic plastic welding used in the current AP scrubber cannister. It would be so much easier to make a steel or titanium sheet metal scubber if it were not for th einferior insulative properties of metals compared to plastic.

Here in the US Divematics products have a very good rep, Tracy Robinette,
the man behind it has been at it for quite some time. Does OC'DSVs, Rebreather Adapters with or w/out those for the AGA masks, and a lot more. Including building the Shadow Pak CCR. His prices are on his site.

I like Bob Howell's swivel design better though, and the whole unit looks less bulky. Talked to Bob, according to him about half the units he builds go to the US, so location shouldn't be an issue even if you're here.

As for getting a response from him, I haven't had any problems. But I think I remember a post or two where he mentioned being on the road. If you can't raise him by e-mail, leave him a message at the Inspiration&VR3 board at ccrinfo.com. He seems to check in there quite frequently.

Back
Top Bottom