Inspiration eCCR / Hammerhead Electronics - Price reduced!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
For Sale: Classic Inspiration rebreather with Hammerhead Electronics.

Here's the history of this unit as I know it: A guy in New York bought a different CCR and saved this unit for travel, but it just sat unused for about 2 years. So he replaced all the O-rings and cleaned it up and sold it to my dive buddy for a good deal at $4500.00. My friend's life conditions changed, and he couldn't take the CCR class, so it just sat in his garage for just over a year, unused. He doesn't even dive much anymore, and says he can't make the commitment required for a CCR, so he asked me to sell it for him. I own, basically, the same CCR.

This unit's electronics have been upgraded to Jergesen Marine Hammerhead electronics. The primary (vrs. 7,07 EH09) can be activated for full trimix deco, and the secondary (vrs. 5.05 EH10) gives you a back-up of PPO2, depth, time, and controls the HUD. Yup, comes with the HH HUD. Also, the head has the connection ready to receive a 4th cell, if you wanted to ad it for a Shearwater or something.

My friend replaced all the O2 sensors with new ones when he bought it, then sealed up the unit. Since then, their first exposure to the elements was when I just took the kit apart for the videos (see below), and you can see on the video (part 2) that they registered at 15mv.

The Inspo comes with ADV, and has the modified detachable lungs for easy cleaning. Lungs are medium. There is also the standard bail-out second stage on the BC inflator hose.

This unit comes ready to dive. It's got the XL harness, but is set up for you to ad and use a backplate as well.

Everything seems to work great with this unit, and you can watch the videos linked below to see me go through it and show you everything it comes with, plus do a positive and negative leak test.

Talk about extras! There are too many to list, hundreds of dollars worth of stuff to maintain this unit for years to come, including tons of O-rings, replacement parts, hose tool, hoses, and a bunch more (see the video, part 2).

Also comes with shipping case and ANDI instruction manual.

I own this same model Inspo with HH electronics and dive it regularly below 200' and I love mine.

My friend paid $4500.00 for this unit and got a good deal. He needs it to go, so the price is:

$3900.USD + Shipping. PM me. NOTICE: Price Reduced AGAIN: $3300!

Direct links to Youtube Videos: Video Part 1, Video Part 2

Disclaimer: Rebreathers are dangerous and should not be dived without proper training and certification. All parts of this rebreather should be inspected and maintained by a certified technician. This rebreather is sold as is, without warrantee.

Last edited:
Great job on the video's. Anyone selling a rebreather should do the same. Wish I needed a unit :)

So, does the HH control the ADV? Does that make it an eCCR?

So, does the HH control the ADV? Does that make it an eCCR?
Yes, it is an eCCR. The head controls the Oxygen via a solenoid, which automatically controls the PPO2. So you set the PPO2, say to 1.2, and as the 3 sensors agree that the PPO2 is dropping, it injects O2 into the loop to maintain the set PPO2. The ADV automatically adds dil through a mechanical process. So what makes a CCR an eCCR is the O2 addition.

BTW, a lot of folks (me included) will set the PPO2 lower than target and fly the unit mechanically, using the electronics as a back-up. We feel that this intentional awareness is a safer way to use it. But yes, this unit will also fly automatically.

Price reduced!

$3600.

Price reduced one more time!

$3300.

****sold************

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom