Input sought on 5' primary hose routing with Zeagle Flathead VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another case of.....??

I'm not large on top, so I'm pretty sure the 5' hose is not too short. One thing I love about it is that the reg is just "there" in my mouth, with no pulling in any direction. A nice switch from my original set up.

Could it be too long? Maybe... I'll have to take a look at it next time I suit up (don't currently have my own tanks so I can't just run out and do it now).

Although I know that people with more experience than me have said the way the first stage "leads" the hose doesn't make a difference (and.... I can see why they are saying that since the behind-the-neck loop comes quite a bit later in the system), but I still look at those photos where people have the hose routed straight down along the wing from the first stage, and I wonder if that would give enough "direction" to the hose that the behind-the-neck loop would tend to stay down behind my neck.

What I should have done was tried my hoses with my buddy's regulator (he bought an Atomic which has the downward facing port), but the way things worked out there wasn't a good dive to do that on.

This thread has given me some good ideas, both in things to try and things to check on; now I just need another dive trip :)

Another case of.....??)

It's not how long it is, but what you do with it.

When I occasionally feel the hose lifting off the back of my neck a bit, I just grab the segment in front of me and pull the excess looseness into the section under my arm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom