Information on the new SCUBAPRO S270 SECOND STAGE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates on how it breathes? I was just about to pull the trigger on a new travel reg (MK11/c370) but I like the looks of S27 more

I have both, the C370 and the S270. Both are great performers but I prefer the C370 because of the cracking pressure adjustment knob. I found that with the S270, it will free flow and waste air when swimming on the surface and it isn't in my mouth. With the C370, I turn the knob in all the way when it isn't in my mouth to prevent the free flow. The S270 is awesome second stage and when it free flow, it is almost like a fountain. The price difference between the two isn't significant and I prefer to spend the few extra $$ for less free flows and less waste of air. So my choice of C370 isn't because of "performance" but more because of "adjustability". The knob is worth the extra $$.

I've no doubt the S270 can be tuned a fraction less hot to avoid the free flow issue you experienced.

Sure, but it will lose its sizzle.

Lots of high performing regs do not have adj knob and do not free flow with ease, the XL4, XTX20/40/, Helix Pro, Core, S555, G200 etc etc. I think it's more a tuning issue than reg design.

Lots of high performing regs do not have adj knob and do not free flow with ease, the XL4, XTX20/40/, Helix Pro, Core, S555, G200 etc etc. I think it's more a tuning issue than reg design.

Yes, but given the choice and the $$ difference isn't a big deal, I'd go with the adjustment knob. I see no reason for going without the knob.

In my region, EMEA, the price difference between the MK11/C370 and the MK11/S270 is only 30 Euros (same as USD) with the MK11/C370 30 euros more than the MK11/S270.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom