Information on the new SCUBAPRO S270 SECOND STAGE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I research the specs online and compare it with other ScubaPro 2nd stages. It seems to be similar to the S620, or at least close enough. At first if you try searching for S270 I keep getting S560 for some reason.

Here is what I found so far on the S270.

Recreational divers looking for solid performance in a regulator system and ready to step up from their entry-level systems are going to love the MK2 EVO/S270. The new S270 second stage features an air-balanced design that’s patterned after the popular S620 Ti, whose compact casing and internal aerodynamics produce extremely low work of breathing. Designed to last in tough conditions, a fiberglass-reinforced nylon core combined with a new PU outer layer result in a bulletproof anti-scratch casing.

Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures. Technopolymer plastic barrel with a metal thread and a balanced valve helps save weight and provides a surface that ice crystals can’t grab onto when diving in extreme cold water. Dive/predive switch is easy to use even wearing thick gloves. More compact, lighter weight and better breathing performance than its S560 predecessor. Lightweight casing, made of a fiberglass-reinforced nylon core and a special PU outer layer, is extremely durable plus helps reduce jaw fatigue and improve diving comfort.

Here is what I found so far on the S270.

Recreational divers looking for solid performance in a regulator system and ready to step up from their entry-level systems are going to love the MK2 EVO/S270. The new S270 second stage features an air-balanced design that’s patterned after the popular S620 Ti, whose compact casing and internal aerodynamics produce extremely low work of breathing. Designed to last in tough conditions, a fiberglass-reinforced nylon core combined with a new PU outer layer result in a bulletproof anti-scratch casing.

Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures. Technopolymer plastic barrel with a metal thread and a balanced valve helps save weight and provides a surface that ice crystals can’t grab onto when diving in extreme cold water. Dive/predive switch is easy to use even wearing thick gloves. More compact, lighter weight and better breathing performance than its S560 predecessor. Lightweight casing, made of a fiberglass-reinforced nylon core and a special PU outer layer, is extremely durable plus helps reduce jaw fatigue and improve diving comfort.

Thank you!!

It sounds awesome. I hope that it will be priced right for the entry level market and that it will be available for the EMEA market.

Thank you!!

It sounds awesome. I hope that it will be priced right for the entry level market and that it will be available for the EMEA market.
D Price in G is 185,-Euros (plus 19% VAT) for the MK11 Combo and 180,-Euros for the MK2 Combo.....

D Price in G is 185,-Euros (plus 19% VAT) for the MK11 Combo and 180,-Euros for the MK2 Combo.....

That's the internet undercut spanish bazaar price, there will not be a single dive store selling it for that price.
It will probably be more like 250-260 euros.

And oh my lord it is ugly... What a bummer. Scubapro used to have such nice designs.

That's the internet undercut spanish bazaar price, there will not be a single dive store selling it for that price.
It will probably be more like 250-260 euros.

And oh my lord it is ugly... What a bummer. Scubapro used to have such nice designs.
Sorry, D Price doesn't mean Retail Price (279,-Euros & 270,-Euros incl. VAT), just try to stay below the SP Radar......

This new reg is Scubapro's response to a competition that is increasingly offering both performance and value. It is indeed a S620Ti clone, of sorts. It offers the case shape (and exhaust tee) that markedly improved the S620Ti's exhalation work of breathing. It offers the same mechanicals as the S620Ti, except using a polymer barrel instead of titanium. That titanium barrel is part of the S620Ti's superb work of breathing, because the barrel is so thin, it actually makes room for airflow inside the case. But the flow around the thicker polymer barrel is imperceptible at recreational depths, if not even at tech depth. Its WOB loop is really quite impressive.
Ice handling and metal stuff aside, this reg is an attempt to almost match the S620Ti performance at a significantly lower price point. What that turns out to be is anyone's guess. I doubt that Scubapro will actually undercut their competition, but how much of a premium they want for their name is the question.
Me? Knowing how good SP's glass reinforced plastic cases actually are, an S620Ti hiding in ugly sheep's clothing without an adjustment knob I never use during a dive anyway, is actually something to consider for a diver on a budget. With a Mk11, it's a pretty sweet low maintenance set. With a Mk2, it's a one-trip-a-year diver's dream. Can it beat Deep Six for value? Dunno.
My 2 psi.

Back
Top Bottom