Information on the new SCUBAPRO S270 SECOND STAGE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone here seen in person or dove with the new "SCUBAPRO S270 SECOND STAGE" or knows more about it than what is listed on websites? It is going to be packaged with the MK2 and the MK11 first stages. It seems that it is an S560 but without the cracking pressure adjustment knob (still has the Dive/Pre-Dive adjustment). Depending on the price, the MK11/S270 combo will be an awesome package for training centers and for entry level divers looking for a lower cost high value starter set that will take care of most of their diving needs.

Any thoughts (based on real knowledge and/or hands on experience) please?

1638661427603.png

So a S550?

I have no idea at all. I don't know much beyond what some sites mentioned about it:

"This second stage reg features a lightweight fiberglass-reinforced nylon core with a special polyurethane outer layer to increase durability and diver comfort. The S270 offers smooth inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures. A technopolymer plastic barrel with a metal thread reduces weight and increases freezing resistance in cold water. Low-profile exhaust tees minimize exhalation effort. The reg has a dive/pre-dive switch to prevent freeflows when the reg is not being used. The S270 is available with the both the MK11 and MK2 EVO first stages."

I’m guessing it’s an R190/R390/R295 clone

I’m guessing it’s an R190/R390/R295 clone

The ones you mentioned are unbalanced, this one is balanced. That maybe the only difference. I read somewhere that it is also based on the S600 design.

I adore all my Scubapro stuff especially regs, and seashuttle
Have you given campaign managing a try BurhanMuntasser
and anyway when are you going back to your original name
so put your experience in the inconsequential dept with her

If it’s balanced and using the S600 family of case it truly is an s555 or s550, unless they changed something else inside but I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t based on the S620 instead, which had subtle changes to eliminate cross compatibility.

I think you're right @lexvil if you look at the reg, especially the exhaust tee it looks like a 620
That and the description of the case material.

Back
Top Bottom