Infinity Bay Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive n00b

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,

My wife and I are considering our first trip to Roatan. From all accounts, most of the popular resorts are fairly "rustic". What we are after is a great vacation with some great diving, however we aren't looking for an exclusive dive trip or dive resort.

Looking at the options, Infinity bay looks to be the closest to what we would be looking for in terms of a resort. We usually stay at larger resorts with multiple restaurants etc... (i.e the Riu chain) so this will be our first visit to a smaller resort. As such, we want to make sure we stay somewhere nice, safe, clean, and classy.

Anybody have any experience with Infinity Bay? Any other recomendations on Roatan?

We aren't hardcore divers (yet) but we love diving, and we love vacactioning.
Our worry is that Roatan may be a little too hardcore for our taste, but are open to trying it. Unfortunately we don't know anyone who's been there, so I'm hoping for some good guidance from you folks.

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

For Roatan, you have made the right choice in light of you guidelines. A few posters here on SB have related their experiences with IB as a resort and as a venue for diving. Hard core "dive vacationers" go other places on Roatan, but from your description of needs, this may well be the only option (currently) that might suit your needs.

In a previous post http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...s/318031-vacation-planning-help-required.html you made use of the word "great" quite often as you described the desired types of diving, accommodations and diversions.

As you say, you are not "yet hardcore divers", but what you may soon learn is that the "great" diving never goes hand in hand with "great anything else".

Once the island infrastructure develops to provide great hotels or terrestrial diversions, at that point the diving is usually slipping fast from it's former "great" status.

I would have suggested Couples Sans Souci or Couples Negril in Jamaica. Both include NO CHILDREN, two dives daily (boat diving), with all gear included. However, I am curious to see what others have to say regarding Roatan.

I agree that you have made a good choice for what you are looking for. Infinity Bay has more of a North American style accommodation,is safe,nice pool and a beautiful beach. You will love the diving!It is located in West Bay which is close to the West End if you are interested in getting a taste of the rustic side of Roatan and some shopping, food and/or drinks. I hope you enjoy your first adventure in Roatan.

Hello Dive n00b,
There is another resort on the same beach with great restaurant (IB only has beach tables) and an in-house dive shop. The resort is Mayan Princess and the dive shop is Mayan Divers. You can find them at mayandivers.com and mayanprincess.com. If you would like to see a virtual tour of a room go to my website RoatanLiving.com

Enjoy your trip to Roatan, it is a great destination.

Roatan Man: Thanks for your input. We appreciate your insight. If you're on the island when we're there perhaps we can get out for a dive together!

Some more questions:

Steve, have you stayed at IB? Can you share more about your experience there?

Roatan Living, thanks for your feedback as well. Mayan Princess looks great too, looks like more of a "resort" than IB. We are now considering it as well. Anyone have any experience there? Also you mention that IB only has beach tables, what do you mean by that? No indoor restaurant facilities???

Thanks again all.

Dive Noob,
The travel boards are blowing up with Canadians that have booked an All inclusive deal with Infinity Bay through a Canadian charter company that was to include an Indoor restaurant, Seems they opened up a conference room with no views or windows for those AI folks to eat buffet style meals so in a way there is an indoor place but hasn't had any great or even descent reviews that i have heard.

We stayed at the Mayan Princess instead of I.B. for me it came down to I wanted to be right on the beach which I could do at the Mayan Princess. They have a handful of units right on the beach. We took a 2nd floor unit as has been suggested by others because of the view and the privacy. (you walk through the ground floor units patio to get to your stairs to go to the 2nd floor unit)

Had a great time and liked the room. Nice, clean, roomy, great view, right on the water, right on the beach, giant balcony.

We like to go on vacation and dive, don't really do dive vacations, so the Mayan Princess worked out perfect. Great pool too, way better then I.B. pool.

Restaurant at Mayan Princess nothing to write home about, had breakfast and a few drinks there and that's about it. You can take the water taxi up to West End for nice dinners.

We dove with Mayan Divers, excellent op. Anja and Liber take good care of their divers. Very easy to dive with them, they do at least 3 dives a day and all we did was get up in the morning and walk to the dive shop by the pool and then out to the boat anchored on the beach.

Ate lunch at I.B. beach restaurant. Pretty good.

Dive Noob,
Have not stayed there myself. I visited friends that were staying there and had lunch with them at the resort. It is a beautiful resort from the outside. They seemed happy with their stay but were not there on an AI. Lunch was ok but nothing outstanding. I am a converted 4 star AI guy to a West End cabana by the beach guy. Love the West End atmosphere.

Lower your expectations and high end life style. You will have much more fun.

Goto cocoview. Your security needs will be met. Do 2 dives in the morning before lunch. You have the money, book excursions for the afternoon and dinners where needed. Return in the evening!

Back
Top Bottom