Wanted Inexpensive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redneck23ms

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for an inexpensive dive computer. I'm only doing rec diving on air at this time so don't need anything fancy. Had a suunto zoop but it died recently. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Hi redneck, I have a couple of options for you. A Scubapro Aladin Tec 2G, which is a great entry level computer, but also can grow with you to do Nitrox and Tec diving. It's a puck computer, and I do not have a wrist boot for it, but it will plug into an existing console, or you can but a wrist strap for it online for $20 or less. That one is $150.

As a step up, I have a Subgear XP-3H on a console with compass. This is an awesome computer. It's basically the same as the Aladin, except that it's air integrated. Not wireless, but your high pressure hose connects right to the computer. That one is $250. Hope this helps! Both are in perfect working order.

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

Also, the scratches on the face of the Subgear XP-3H are on a replaceable screen guard. They cost a few bucks.

Blacktip is offering you a good deal. The Tec 2G will last a lifetime. User replaceable batteries.

A Mares Puck is only $150 new.

The Mares Puck Pro can be had for $150-200 new.

Both will do nitrox.

Blacktip is offering you a good deal. The Tec 2G will last a lifetime. User replaceable batteries.

I've had a Tech 2G and it won't last a lifetime. Mine died after two years. Still it is an excellent computer and user friendly. It's a good deal at that price.

I've had a Tech 2G and it won't last a lifetime. Mine died after two years. Still it is an excellent computer and user friendly. It's a good deal at that price.
?!?!?!?!

Did you send it in? I only had one like that and they sent me a whole new 'puter! :eek:

Last edited:
?!?!?!?!

Did you send it in? I only had one like that and they sent me a whole new 'puter! :-O

It was two months out of warranty and I did send it back after several e-mails. They only accept returns through a dealer, so local dive shop helped out by sending and receiving. Scubapro sent back a new Tech 3G. Since I also had a Scubapro Chromis, Mantis and a Shearwater Perdix, I sold it. Still looking to sell the Mantis.

Back
Top Bottom