Indoor Scuba Waterpark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like the perfect fit for the show Shark Tank! Bahahaha.
In all reality, I think if you positioned it right in the market it may do better than most people think. The idea of marine and ocean conservation brings a lot of business revenue. Elephant sanctuaries, Big Cat Rescue locations and the like bring in a lot of revenue with a perception of being not for profit and maintain high operating costs. Feel it out on a crowdfunding platform?! I'm not sure western PA would be an ideal location and do agree it would have more of a chance as an adjunct attraction!
I would love love love to see this a reality, maybe Elon Musk hasn't found his passion for diving yet, someone give him a call.

diving at Epcot is only $179 with gear included. That’s hardly expensive or cost prohibitive. That’s the average price for most dives at vacation resorts or cruise dives.

It is only a single tank dive, 45 minutes. You have a “buddy” assigned, but you are really free to go where you want, as you have no secondary regulator, with your back up air being the surface at a maximum of 25 feet away, as well as a pony tank from a safety diver (4 in the water, one on deck).

You get to swim really close to non shy sharks, rays, guitarfish, turtles, and smaller tropical fish in great visibility, and it’s very visually interesting. No matter how objectively “good” or “bad” you are, to the viewing audience, you are a rock star, especially to the kids. Wasn’t there another thread talking about getting young people interested in diving? My daughter wanted to dive EPCOT at age 10, finally certified at age 14 and dove it. She wouldn’t go back again because it would be boring, having been in the real ocean, but was super excited when she did.

It is only a single tank dive, 45 minutes. You have a “buddy” assigned, but you are really free to go where you want, as you have no secondary regulator, with your back up air being the surface at a maximum of 25 feet away, as well as a pony tank from a safety diver (4 in the water, one on deck).

You get to swim really close to non shy sharks, rays, guitarfish, turtles, and smaller tropical fish in great visibility, and it’s very visually interesting. No matter how objectively “good” or “bad” you are, to the viewing audience, you are a rock star, especially to the kids. Wasn’t there another thread talking about getting young people interested in diving? My daughter wanted to dive EPCOT at age 10, finally certified at age 14 and dove it. She wouldn’t go back again because it would be boring, having been in the real ocean, but was super excited when she did.

I’m an annual pass holder and go to Disney almost once a month. I’ve been going most of my life living so close. I’ve watched all the changes the original “living seas” has had to the current Nemo ride. So for me it’s just more of a nostalgic thing to finally dive in Epcot. I’m sure I’ll only do it once.

If there wasn't any sea life, I don't see the attraction. It would be cool for cave/cavern setups I would think. But that would cut out a large part of the diving community.
It depends also on what you're looking for when you're diving...
For me, being underwater, completely isolated from everyday life, noise, people, it's really therapeutic.
Therefore, if I could have a facility that is able to provide my dose of therapy even when the ocean is angry, it would be a big thing...

Shouldn't we just wait a little while? What with global warming and all it shouldn't be long before I can dive in my living room.

I'd pay to spearfish in a man made pond. We're not allowed to spearfish in freshwater in FL

Back
Top Bottom