Renewed scuba enthusiast now that the kids are older.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laura-MI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, just came back from our 3rd scuba trip. Last time we scuba dove was 20+ years ago before kids. We gave scuba lessons to our daughter for her 18th birthday and we did her spring break in Cozumel last week for her open water. It was fantastic! Last time we were in Coz was for our honeymoon. We saw incredible marine life including a 7' nurse shark, a black tipped reef shark, lots of crabs/lobster, starfish, conch, 2 Moray eels, lots of turtles big and small, pufferfish, 3' eagle rays, an octopus and so many fish species. It was great to be back and I did not forget how otherworldly it is to scuba dive. I don't want the next time to be with grandkids so husband and I are hoping to include diving again in our tropical vacations.

Welcome. Can't beat diving with family!

I was in the same boat, certified in late 80's, didn't dive much through 90's, renewed interest in 2000's. Now an instructor. My oldest son was certified at age 14 and my oldest daughter, 15, will take her OW class this summer. My son and I dove in the Bahama's right after he was certified. What a great time we had and I absolutely love diving with him. Besides, I look at it as an easy to find buddy. Great to see you and your family are into it. Welcome and dive safe!

I was in the same boat, certified in late 80's, didn't dive much through 90's, renewed interest in 2000's. Now an instructor. My oldest son was certified at age 14 and my oldest daughter, 15, will take her OW class this summer. My son and I dove in the Bahama's right after he was certified. What a great time we had and I absolutely love diving with him. Besides, I look at it as an easy to find buddy. Great to see you and your family are into it. Welcome and dive safe!
Sorry for the repeat, computer issue.

If we can only convince our other daughter too, then we're all set for dive buddies as a family of 4. :)

I’m also a retread. Funny how having kids modifies your priorities. Welcome back to the underwater world!

Welcome and I'm so glad to hear you're jumping back in!

Welcome. Can't beat diving with family!

I should consider spending "family time" with extended family I can't stand while diving...then they can't talk and annoy/drive me crazy. :p Oh, wait...but they can silt me out and look like they're doggy paddling underwater. Hm...

Hi @Laura-MI

I was certified in 1970 and dived actively for 10 years in Southern California. For a myriad of reasons, I took a 17 year hiatus. I was recertified with my son, now 21 years ago. My wife was certified with our daughter, now 16 years ago. We all dive, sometimes even all together :). These days It's mostly my wife and I or by myself.

Enjoy your diving and the time with your family

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......a family that dives together stays together...welcome back.

Back
Top Bottom