Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
According the this POST, Indonesia is planning to reopen Bali province to foreign tourists in July, according to an official Friday.

Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said the government will also prepare a travel corridor, or travel bubble, with other countries to boost tourism arrivals.

“We have to set up the same parameters to establish reciprocal travel bubbles with other countries,” Luhut said at a virtual news conference for the 2021 Bali Investment Forum.

Indonesia: Bali set to welcome tourists in July

Unless it is official otherwise just attention grabbing noises.

Agree. Every month seems like they make this announcement. I was living in Indonesia for all of 2020 and it has been like this forever.

full.jpg

full.jpg

It will be for special zones at Bali. Visitors have to be vaccinated and stay 5 days in quarantine in and around their hotel upon arrival. But which country wants to be so soon in a travel hub with Indonesia? What does not belong in this list: New Zealand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Australia or Singapore?

It will be for special zones at Bali. Visitors have to be vaccinated and stay 5 days in quarantine in and around their hotel upon arrival. But which country wants to be so soon in a travel hub with Indonesia? What does not belong in this list: New Zealand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Australia or Singapore?
Official or just another proposal?

1. Where is the "special zones" in Bali?
2. Which "hotel" is available and how much is the cost?

Thailand has set a very good example! It started cautiously and then gradually.....They are on the second phase in welcoming back tourists. Learn it from them.

Official or just another proposal?

1. Where is the "special zones" in Bali?
2. Which "hotel" is available and how much is the cost?

Thailand has set a very good example! It started cautiously and then gradually.....They are on the second phase in welcoming back tourists. Learn it from them.
Moreover, three COVID-19 green zones in Bali are planned to be opened from July this year amid a marked decline in the number of Indonesia's daily coronavirus disease cases and the nationwide mass vaccination campaign.

"I see that in the province of Bali we want to concentrate on three designated green zones, specifically Ubud, Sanur, and Nusa Dua. We are optimistic of these becoming green zones, green areas that we can fully open to tourists," President Joko Widodo remarked while witnessing a mass vaccination campaign at Puri Saren Agung, Gianyar District, Bali, recently.
Everything depending on the situation by then. Indonesia Looks to Domestic Tourists for Tourism Revival in 2021
2 No idea.
What should Indonesia learn from Thailand?

1. Planned amid a MARKED DECLINE.....
2. No body know the answer.

DREAM. Read #3

You ought to check what Thailand has done so far instead of listening to some official's dream.

A new kind of long stay visa

Read that and you might learn something from reality.

1. Planned amid a MARKED DECLINE.....
2. No body know the answer.

DREAM. Read #3

You ought to check what Thailand has done so far instead of listening to some official's dream.

A new kind of long stay visa

Read that and you might learn something from reality.
Who is the " You " you are referring to? You mean the people of Indonesia? Someone? Me? I think the plan is not realistic at all. The largest number of foreigners visiting Indonesia before Covid-19 came from Australia, Malaysia, China and the US. Except from a few Americans booking live aboard trips I do not expect these tourists coming within the next 6 months. In case a new variant which would be more infectious or dangerous pop up, all will be delayed again. Especially if it would be an Indonesia variant this time. I would have preferred that the old and vulnerable people in Indonesia would have received the vaccines before the young and healthy working in tourism would have gotten the shots. As far as we know now, vaccinated people can still be infected and transmit the virus. I checked what the current policy of Thailand is. It does not differ so much from Indonesia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom