Indonesia (bali etc.) in April or November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trucha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am wanting to go to Indonesia in either of these two months. I've read varying reports on the weather in those months but I am wondering if in April, since it is right after the rainy season, would the visibility still be an issue. Places I am thinking of are Bali-Gili-Lombok and one more area such as Flores or Alor or Manado. So how is the weather generally that time of year.

Probably these are the best months of the year. Mainy because they are the transit periods between the North west and South East monsoons (in the meaning of season, defined by wind). Around Bunaken and Lembeh Strait there will be not too much wind, no big incoming swells and thus good dive conditions. At East Halmahera this is one of the best periods aswell. By the way, there is not such a thing as general "rainy season" in Indonesia. For example the Maluku get most rain during July and August. Sometimes we had much more rain in July than in December in Lembeh Strait.

If I was to choose November or April in Bali then I would choose early November, the crowds are gone and the rain hasn't started yet. Nothing wrong with April either but I think weather more stable in early Nov

If I was to choose November or April in Bali then I would choose early November, the crowds are gone and the rain hasn't started yet. Nothing wrong with April either but I think weather more stable in early Nov

same for Alor, as the rain didn't start yet , November is a really good month...the visibility is for sure very good. April comes just after the raining season and visibility can be far from the best ...May is definitely already very good...

We have been in November and it was great!!

Hi there,I am wayan darta /padangbai bali dive center. About the weather you asked that bali during the year the weather is very famyliar ,the visibylity is clear over 15 m.Padangbai bali dive can take you to dive around bali. I will gurante you that if you dive here you will get sutisfication and fun/happy.
darta/padangbai bali dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom