Indecent exposure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the women in my ow class turned blue in the 85 degree pool temps, she wore a 7mm during the actual dives and still got cold. I think the temps then were 75, her teeth were chattering.

For me I couldn't hack it in those temps. I suspect it was a joke based on the female coment he made.

I am curious... for all of you cold water coo-coo's out there... When you dive in to 50 degree water with a 7mm suit... how long are you in the water for?

i'm with Kevin... I also get cold with the low to mid 70 degree temps... with my 7mm and hood. :D

Costanza...oops i mean Kevin...is right.

low 70s is at least a semi dry if not a dry suit
I wear a full 7mm in 83 degree water...

The rest of you just need to dive more, then you'll understand :D :D

OMG, people who get colder than I do! I did not think this was possible! I'm cozy in my old compressed 1/4 inch with hood and gloves down to 65 degrees or so then I switch to my 1/4 inch that isn't so compressed and I'm good to 55 degrees. I can get a 20-30 minute dive in 40 degree water when wearing the 1/4 inch that isn't as compressed, a fleece hat under my hood and 3-finger gloves. My hands are the determining factor for me, as long as they are warm I'm fine. Still prefer diving wet over dry but will dive drysuit (and dry gloves) New Year's day here in Ohio, I hear the water is still 45 degrees--WOOO HOOO!
Ber :lilbunny:

I just bought my wife a HEATED VEST for snowboarding... She also has heated boots, and heated gloves. (not for scuba... but if there was such a thing... she'd want them)

Low to mid 70's is about all we get here in the summer. I use a 5mm and dive probably two dives per week.

Hey, we fly south in the winter to become www for a couple of weeks.

Still prefer fresh water to salt water.

howarde:
I am curious... for all of you cold water coo-coo's out there... When you dive in to 50 degree water with a 7mm suit... how long are you in the water for?

i'm with Kevin... I also get cold with the low to mid 70 degree temps... with my 7mm and hood. :D
Howard,
I can dive in 33-34 degree water in my 7mm, with hood & gloves, and do over an hour comfortably. I've done it many times. I actually dive with drysuit divers who get cold and call the dive before I get cold. ALL of my dive buddies think I'm crazy, and for some reason, no one takes my opinion seriously when we discuss water temps and I say its warm. And my first post was for real...I do get too hot in a 7mm in 70 water and can't wait to get below the first thermocline and get into "comfortable" water.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
Howard,
I can dive in 33-34 degree water in my 7mm, with hood & gloves, and do over an hour comfortably. I've done it many times. I actually dive with drysuit divers who get cold and call the dive before I get cold. ALL of my dive buddies think I'm crazy, and for some reason, no one takes my opinion seriously when we discuss water temps and I say its warm. And my first post was for real...I do get too hot in a 7mm in 70 water and can't wait to get below the first thermocline and get into "comfortable" water.
C-Dawg
i'm with you. I do 47F in a 7mm with hood for a 45minutes. Only time im cold is the first 3 minute when a little water creeps directly into the zipper. But everyones different, as long as we're all havin fun.

I dove Catalina a couple of months ago in a 6.5mm suit @ 62 deg. F and had to take the hood off after the first dive because I was too warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom