Indecent exposure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB4UDIVEDRY:
I see what you are saying, and it is logical to agree with you, but, as I stated, the boot on the outside worked better for me. When my boots are zipped up over the suit, they are tight enough to prevent scooping of water when in forward motion. Also, on my suit, the leg ends come down to my ankel bone, so thats almost 4 inches deep into my boots. All I really want to say is, people should give it a shot on the innie or outtie thing with their gloves and boots, whatever way works, then stick with it.
I bought new boots a few months ago, so i'll see what happens with the suit in or out when I get into the wetsuit again.

Dan

I have to agree with Diverbuoy here, boots on the inside, gloves on the outside.

Did 55 degrees once with a 3 mil, no gloves, boots, or hood. after 10 minutes, I headed above the thermocline.....65 degrees never felt soooo warm.......

Now 7mil FJ. Hood, boots and gloves are only 3 mil, but good enough for
30 min at 45 degrees.....will upgrade gloves and hood next. or trade them for airfare to wwwland?

Kev will u b on the boat tmrw? I just booked with splashdown. I'm getting ready to pack and head that way tonight.

Missdirected:
Kev will u b on the boat tmrw? I just booked with splashdown. I'm getting ready to pack and head that way tonight.

I'm sure he'll be there.

Oh and FYI she had plenty of space left at 6:30 p.m. It will b nice to finally meet some nice people from SB.

-Ciao

I dive dry up here, but if I were down there and the water were 70*F or warmer, my 3/2mm full would be the suit of choice.

Jeez, you ww people. Don't realize how good you have it. :D

I confess I wear my dry suit in water in the 70's, of course that's in August and its only in the 70's in the first 10 feet of water or so, its mid to low 60's generally below the thermocline. I'm also not wearing a hood or gloves, and very thin underwear.

In my case its because I refuse to dive wet after spending that much money on a dry suit. Would I dive it in warm water state, hell no, it would be way to embarassing. Us northern people have to show how tough we are and dive that in shorts and a T-shirt to show how tough (a.k.a. stupid) we are up north.

Of course we are the same people that melt into a puddle when the air temp hits 85 degrees and can't survive without AC.

There isnt an ocean on earth thats warm enough to get me wearing a shortie :)

Basically i use <71f == drysuit

>71f 5mm semi dry with gloves and hood.

Got cold in the keys in july in a 3mm full suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom