Increase in Scubapro Pricing pending(?) and SP MK 16 vs Mk 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, it's down to almost sane money now.

I read on another board where several other manufactures will be increesing there prices also. this will not be limited to scubapro. they say it is due to the increase in oil priceses.

I also heard from my LDS that as of October 1st, Scuba Pro is raising prices on regs. about $55 or so.

The new price list is here a couple months early. The increase is about 9%, so on a $550 reg, it would be about a $50.00 increase. On a $250 Mk 2 R190, the increase is only going to hurt half as much.

The early release of the new catalog and price list was apparently done to get both the new catalog and new price list out before the DEMA show.

As for the reason for the price increase, I supsect it has nothing to do with the price of oil and everything to do with the devaluation of the dollar. Much of the scuba equipment sold in the USA is made in foreign countries and a falling dollar means increased costs to buy foreign goods. When you consider how much the dollar has fallen relative to other currencies over the last year or so, a 9% increase is really nothing to complain about.

jbs04: Your profile says your are in central VA. Head to Lynnhaven Dive Center in Virginia Beach (www.ldcscuba.com). They have Mk18 G250s on sale regularily for $340 ($440 regular price). I bought one there last year and I love it. You can NOT beat it for the price. I am very tempted to buy another.

I also have a Mk16/R380 that I use on my pony. Its nice, but it actually cost me as much as the 18/250.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom