• $75,001- $100,000

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • $100,001- $250,000

Votes: 47 39.2%
  • $250,001 and over

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To filter out some statistical noise, we could use three polls here: Rec divers and income, Professional divers and income, and Tech divers and income. Actually, a ratio of cost of equipment owned to income might be interesting as well.

ONESPEED:
I know divers certainly spend more than non divers!

Hmm, check the price of a Ted Yost custom job on a handgun and get back to me. ($895 plus the cost of the base gun, about $500.)

MikeC:
Hmm, check the price of a Ted Yost custom job on a handgun and get back to me. ($895 plus the cost of the base gun, about $500.)

Am I the only one who is lost on this and how it relates to the current topic?

ONESPEED posted that "I know divers certainly spend more than non divers!"

The reference by MikeC to the price of a hand gun is an example of another hobby, that isn't diving, that can cost alot of money. He's just saying that diving isn't the only activity that cost a bunch.

Spragg01, thank you. I didn't think my post was that warped.

TSandM:
It's the same with my other addiction, dressage (horses). Median income of members of the US Dressage Federation is something around $90K. I just think it reflects the fact that people with more disposable income are more likely to take up expensive sports.

You've got to meet my wife...:D
Her latest horse is a Lusitano she brought in from Brazil...:D
He has already progressed to 4th level and will be Prix St George this season...

It may have already been suggested (I'm too lazy to read all the posts) that the lower end of the income spectrum represents dive professionals and hangers on like myself, the upper end those whose salaries permit them to do frequent dive trips (sigh).

My wife and I DON'T make a ton of money and make less than some of our friends here in a very expensive city. The dif. is we choose to spend our money on diving and not on beer and cigarettes like some of our friends. A pack if cigs and a beer a day in NYC equals a dry suit in three months! A nice dry suit! God I'm a pompous *****!

When I was a kid, I was very poor. Diving was something I NEVER thought I would do one day. It really is too bad it is so expensive. As a middle class American, I would say that diving can be affordable if you budget for it. When I was a poor kid, I would have laughed at that idea and said that diving was only for people who won the lottery!

For not being a minotity, I seem to always be in the minority.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom