• $75,001- $100,000

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • $100,001- $250,000

Votes: 47 39.2%
  • $250,001 and over

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I certainly don't.

Probably why I've been wearing the same ratty work clothes for a year. "Hmm... designer pants? Designer wetsuit? New shoes or macro lens?

Diving seems to win out every time... except for certain holiday weekends where it bites me and I end up working heavy overtime AND through the weekend.

I do think the average scuba diver has an higher intellegence than normal.

You are forgetting those that dive the most....

Those of us who work full time in the dive industry on average are barely above the level of poverty. THere are very few who would make over 30K per year, liveaboard workers and boat captains would be on the top end of the scale.

Sooo, we make the most dives and make the least money... soooooooo, does that mean the more you dive the less money you make?! :D

Mike Veitch:
You are forgetting those that dive the most....

Those of us who work full time in the dive industry on average are barely above the level of poverty. THere are very few who would make over 30K per year, liveaboard workers and boat captains would be on the top end of the scale.

Sooo, we make the most dives and make the least money... soooooooo, does that mean the more you dive the less money you make?! :D

Most people I know who are serious about it are broke, but that may reflect their spending more than their income :D

Dive equip. and travel doesn't come cheap.

Do you want me to convert my salary into US dollars or leave it in Northern pesos (aka Canadian dollars)?
;-)

Ironically I got involved in this sport after I lost my job!!! Great timing, eh? Now that my income is beginning to look up, I'm hoping to engage in it more!! :wink:

You just need more money to dive thin to walk your dog. I belive that if you don't have the extra cash you might not get started. I did not relise that it cost so much to get started. But I stell don't make any more thin befor. I'm steel looking for the lost gold, or cash in a bag. LOL

Where is the catagory for: "What ever I make...it's not nearly enough!", yea fine...I have a college degree, a decent job, a wife with a Masters degree and a decent job...seemingly enough income to be ok, then you add in diving, golf, child (her list makes the diving expenses seem like chicken feed), etc...and what I make does not seem to be nearly enough to support me in the lifestyle to which I would like to become a custom?

Oh well, pardon my whine...guess it's back to work, maybe if I concentrate more on the job and less on surfing ScubaBoard I'll get a raise and be closer to living that unobtainable lifestyle.:D

Back
Top Bottom