In trouble at Hooters

Did I do anything wrong ?

• I hope you dropped the kids off, and went back

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Your Mommy is right your a bad man !

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Look at their faces, Boys will be Boys !

Votes: 143 78.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas:
Oops. My mistake, a really bad typo! That was supposed be "noting", my apologies.

What the "H"? Makes a big difference.

I have to agree w/ WS, the buffalo shrimp are great, and I always find they have friendly service.

24.gif

scubalaurel:
Yes, and no to doing something wrong. Obviously the kids liked it, but does that make it ok?

My 14 year old wants you to babysit him... Would I let you? No. While the food and bev is good there, it is not a socially acceptable venue for young kids. It is a sexually explicit atmosphere, regardless of the need for $1 bills.

The code you violated was giving the parents a choice as to what their children would be exposed to.
Am i missing something??? The only place for dollar bills is a strip bar, Hooters sure is NOT a strip bar. Just curious, ever ate there?? :06:

hecker-the-wrecker:
Am i missing something??? The only place for dollar bills is a strip bar, Hooters sure is NOT a strip bar. Just curious, ever ate there?? :06:
Sounds like Scubalaurel has never been to Hooters.

jonnythan:

I'd take her but hence am on the wrong coast, Well I will still take her if she flys me out there, I would pay for dinner though. . . .I always get the burgers, the buns on them are awesome!!

You did nothing wrong. I too am that kind of uncle. I have no kids of my own. If I'm told by my brothers or sister not to take their children someplace, I won't. I certainly wouldn't put my niece or nephews in any kind of danger, (my nephews are a lot older than these kids.) But short of those things, there aren't a lot of places I would take my nephews or niece. Would I have taken them to Hooters, sure, probably would have seen a couple of my friends working there too.

jonnythan:

Wow! I'm a prude? NEVER been called that before...ever! :10:

The $1 bill comment had to do with NOT needing them there. Anyway, I wouldn't take my kids to a sports bar, either. I don't see kids needing to be exposed to drinking, boozing, or sexual explotation.

Sure they could (and do) see more skin at the beach, pool, heck, even at gym class at school. But the reasons behind that skin is not specifically for men to drool over big chi-chis while drinking and/or eating. (OK, some teen girls may be doing it for those reasons...) Which, from a marketing standpoint, is great for business. It is sexual exploitation. Do I want my children having those values for women? "No" is the simple answer.

I've been to Europe. I have no problem with nakedness or toplessness. (I rather enjoy being the latter), but in the context of being a "normal" everyday thing. MY kids have specifically asked me NOT to go topless around them. Apparently it wigs them out. :11:

I don't have a specific "issue" with Hooters. No, I have not eaten there. But I don't eat at any sports bars. So why would I go there? I don't have a need, want, desire, or whatever to see women scantily clad while I am eating. I don't want MY children to either. You all can do with your kids whatever you want. Everybody has the right and privilege to raise their kids however they see fit.

The original question was "did I do anything wrong?" My answer is still only that he didn't ask the parents (his sister) beforehand.

jhbryaniv:
I'd take her but hence am on the wrong coast, Well I will still take her if she flys me out there, I would pay for dinner though. . . .I always get the burgers, the buns on them are awesome!!
You owe me dinner!!!! :wink:

scubalaurel:
So why would I go there? I don't have a need, want, desire, or whatever to see women scantily clad while I am eating.

Now, looking at that picture again....I don't see any scantily clad women. It is obvious you are a very very conservative person.

You're not going on the Cabana Boys trip are you? I would to see what your opinion on that is! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom