In the market for a Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have tentative aggrement from the 'boss' on purchacing a dry suit. But now I'm lost, I know a few names and companies but I have no experince with them much.

Any advise in what to look for, what brands to look at, how to fit a dry suit?

What about under garnments?

Gloves?

Rock boots?

Help!

:wacko:

You really need to check the archives...it is loaded with information that will be helpful in trying to figure this out.

Different things to think about:

Material you want and why you *think* you want that material:
  • bi-lam
  • tri-lam
  • crushed neoprene
  • vulcanized rubber
  • etc...

Manufacturers (too many to name, but...)
  • DUI
  • Andys
  • Bare
  • Whites
  • Mobbys
  • Diving Concepts

Perhaps most importantly, how much are you willing / do you want to spend?

Personally, I own a Diving Concepts suit and am in love with it so far.

Seriously, let us know what kind of diving you are planning on doing in the suit and make sure you check the archives.

-kkm

Since buying a drysuit can be quite an investment, it might be worth your while to read the “Dry Suit Diving” book. http://www.hammerheadpress.com/pages/drysuit.html I was a little disappointed that it didn’t have much actual diving information but it does have a lot of good information on styles, materials, valves etc., that may help you decide. If you can, try both a crushed neoprene and tri-laminate, before you buy one. Different divers swear by both but they’re extremely different. One pool dive with a crushed neoprene convinced me I wanted a tri-laminate.

Good Luck,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom