In Sydney Jan 26 any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i would love you to join us.... but.......

the shore dive is only about 10mtrs and im guessing your boat dive will be no less than 20mtrs

how would a shallow dive before a double boat dive make your profile look?

Almitywife:
Just ran the numbers. Assuming I use up most of the tank (11L * 230 = 2530L) on each dive and a 1 hr SI - it does not matter that I do a shallow dive first. Infact, I will dive it on air not nitrox. I just need to be back at the dive shop by 10:15AM. It is nice to plan with VPM-B and dive with VPM-B (Liquidvision X1).:D

Phil

Decompression model: VPM - B

DIVE PLAN #1
Surface interval = 5 day 0 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0m
Conservatism = + 3

Dec to 12m (0) Air 15m/min descent.
Level 12m 54:12 (55) Air 0.46 ppO2, 12m ead
Asc to 6m (55) Air -9m/min ascent.
Surface (56) Air -9m/min ascent.

OTU's this dive: 0
CNS Total: 0.0%

2247.4 ltr Air
2247.4 ltr TOTAL

DIVE PLAN #2
Surface interval = 0 day 1 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0m
Conservatism = + 3

Dec to 25m (1) Nitrox 32 15m/min descent.
Level 25m 33:20 (35) Nitrox 32 1.11 ppO2, 20m ead
Asc to 6m (37) Nitrox 32 -9m/min ascent.
Stop at 6m 0:53 (38) Nitrox 32 0.51 ppO2, 4m ead
Surface (38) Nitrox 32 -9m/min ascent.

Off gassing starts at 14.1m

OTU's this dive: 42
CNS Total: 15.4%

2341.7 ltr Nitrox 32
2341.7 ltr TOTAL

DIVE PLAN #3
Surface interval = 0 day 1 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0m
Conservatism = + 3

Dec to 20m (1) Nitrox 32 15m/min descent.
Level 20m 38:40 (40) Nitrox 32 0.96 ppO2, 16m ead
Asc to 6m (41) Nitrox 32 -9m/min ascent.
Surface (42) Nitrox 32 -9m/min ascent.

OTU's this dive: 37
CNS Total: 22.2%

2253.7 ltr Nitrox 32
2253.7 ltr TOTAL

:rofl3: as if i understand that!! please - im just a shallow shore bimbo :D

heheheheh

sounds like a plan!

we were planning on getting there aboot 7 to 7.30 (we are EARLY people) and plunge doesnt open until 8am

do you need to get gear from plunge first??? (no issues if you do btw as we wouldnt dive before 8)

warning you - its alot of sand but we will go left around the piers and see if we can find some angler fish before heading back to the nets for seahorses... hopefully that blue swimmer crab wont attack me this time!

so we can meet you in front of the plunge :multi: we will be the 2 aussies, he with a MEG im the one colour co-ordinated with yellow :D (but peter and zoe know us so if we dont spot you first just ask them)

did Zoe give you hints about finding them??? meaning if you come via the top carpark (and the gay nekkid beach :D) you have to walk down towards the water and down the stairs but if you are dropped off at the bottom/beach carpark you have to cross the sandbank & past the cafe

i will also pm you my mobile number just in case

:D i just spoke to Phil... he sounds VERY american!!! :D

Phil, here is where we will be on saturday

Cliftongardens.jpg

as discussed, you can see the round about at the end of the road

these were the stairs you walk down that i mentioned,
clifton-gardens-stairs-m.jpg

keeping the harbour on your left you start walking down these towards (as seen in the pic) the water. once down both sets of stairs you will be in front of the wharf area and plunge is to the right of you :multi:

we might be parked in the carpark behind the beach area (its a huge play/park area), havent decided yet but will meet you in front of plunge :D

plunge has a great location but the logistics is a ******

found Phil or i should say Phil found us!!

Phil learnt that i cant seem to shut up and between hubby and i gearing up in the carpark and actually getting to the front of plunge we found 3 other divers that joined us!

i did warn him...the viz was crap and ALOT of sand but today we scored a sea horse, pipefish, angler fish (woohooo), decorative crab (which scared the heck outta me) and then a SI and off for a double boat dive so hopefully the vis improved!

great to meet you phil... looking forward to your return visit!

edit: hope to get some pics off hubby

Australia_Day_national_logo_colourjpeg.jpg

Hi Almitywife,
Had a great time! The other dives were good too, but I think the first dive with you guys was the best because I was diving with friends! At the end of the day, Yves drove me back to Darling Harbor in his boat - nice day to go by the Opera House and Under the Bridge! Lots of boat out due to Australia Day!!

Thanks for a great time!

Phil

:happywave oh Phil...you missed out on the better diving!

yesterday was at Shellly Beach and today was Bare Island... viz up to 10+mtrs/30+ft

oh well....next time youre in sydney you now have someone to phone :wink:

Back
Top Bottom