In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had always hoped that on a Continental flight he'd be the pilot so I could personally thank him for all the sage advice on the Board. A tragic loss,

Shalom and God Bless.:sad_2:

Wow, what a thread. I am truly sorry to have discovered this board too late to interact with this person. To those who knew him I offer both my condolences for their loss and my congratulations for having been permitted to know such a man.

RIP. When I first joined this board I always looked to his posts to provide well balanced information. I can say I learned alot from his informative and friendly advice.

I've really received a lot of comfort from this thread over these last few days - especially the first day I read about the tragedy.

I didn't know Rob well, didn't have a lot of interactions with him, but the ones I did were always rewarding. I live a long ways from Houston, and his diving was out of my league, but he was helpful with some things nonetheless, especially kind as a Mod, and was even so nice ask to meet me, at Dema, or when I was connecting in IAH. That was a real honor, coming from such a renown diver, and I am sorry I didn't get to.

It's been really nice to read of the encounters others had with Rob, and I hope more will share along those lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom