In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always such a sad thing to lose one of "us". I didn't have many interactions with BJD, but none the less am saddened by his passing. Having read all of the kind things everyone on here has said, I feel it is definatly my loss to have not had more interactions with him on here.
Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends and everyone who knew him.

Rob touched my diving life gently several times as I became part of the Scubaboard community. I'm smiling as I remember that he was one of the first SB personalities that showed me how a faceless avatar could morph into an honest and multidimensional character. Each time we "spoke", it was because he had something relevant and honest to contribute, with no game-playing or pretension. He set a high standard.

I will always remember him fondly as a vivacious member of this family.

I miss him.

Claudette

(Thank you, Pete, for facilitating these memories and tributes.)

I visit this board but never had the honor and privilege of speaking to BJD, however, reading the posts of those that knew him, I feel we lost a dear member of the community. I speak to my students all the time of the fraternity of scuba divers; how we may not know one another, may have never met, but we can travel across the world, strike up a conversation, and become friends, because we share this wonderful passion. I think reading the posts from those that didn't meet him but feel his loss attest to that. When I first joined this board, someone posted a poem, which I took to heart, and I believe speaks to all of us.

If I should die beneath the sea --
What e'er the circumstance may be --
I only ask that you not cry
For such a lucky one as I.

But, rather, weep for those alive
Who know not what it is to dive
Into the planet's liquid heart
And of God's ocean be a part.

For even Christ must envy all
Who stroll along the ocean's wall;
Though wind and sea His will obeys,
He only walked upon the waves.

And may I ask for one thing more?
A simple cross beside the shore.
Below my name inscribe for me:
Lost to the earth, but found at sea.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

John
nkydiver

Condolences to all family and friends.

Roak

Food doesn't taste the same and I have no desire to post to any threads on Scuba Board... other than this one... and it has taken me several tries to get this far... unless I delete it before hitting send.

Rob was special, as everyone here knows. I'm still stunned that he is gone. No words...

My thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones. My sincerest sympathies!

This is sadder than words can express. BJD was a good soul and I for one will miss his post he was always someone I enjoyed. To all his many friends I am truly sorry but that some how seems like too little to express how I really am feeling right now.

I had personally spoken to Rob about performing IANTD training for our Public Safety Dive Team. A truly great individual that you were immediately drawn to. This is a tremendous loss to his friends, family, and the Board.

BJD, you will be sorely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom