In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, there are some people you tend to think will always be there. People you count on because they're trustworthy, they're as reliable as clockwork. People that you look forwards to hearing their thoughts, he was one of those.

I am saddened to hear of his passing and feel it's too soon, but he lived a life that most of us would do well to emulate and that's how we can best remember him.

prayers and heartfelt condolences to his close friends and family. he will be missed in this board for sure.

In memory...... RIP BJD...

Remembered Joy

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!
I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.​

My condolences as well. There are no words.

Very shocking news. I’m very sad. Condolences and sympathies to family and friends.

I always enjoyed reading his posts, the all too few years he was a member of this board. Always well informed and willing to share. Reasoning with the use of facts and perspective in search of greater truths he earned our admiration and respect. In my personal dealings with him, board discussions and a few PM’s, he was always respectful, professional, always a gentleman with an endearing sense of humor.

Folks, as he liked to say, his memory will always live on in the many personal friends he touched in this online community and others. Personal friendships in the old sense of the word, and the no less real person to person online friendships for those of us not fortunate to have met him in person.

Drive on - BigJetDriver - may your spirit glide through skies and sea’s no longer burdened by mortal wings. Farewell my friend - peace.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

almitywife:
he always seemed to be a great guy and will be sadly missed. i wish his family strength to go on with their lives.

Crazyduck posted on rebreatherworld and this part brought me to tears; http://www.rebreatherworld.com/memorial-forum/4451-memorium-rob-davie-aka-bigjetdriver-7.html

"Outbound flight 777 heavy you are cleared for flight-
Due west into that warm red Texas sunset
You have angels on your wings and divers memories on your six."
Very nice - thanks.

What a shock! I've got tears streamming down my face. BJD, you will be missed greatly.
My thoughts & prayers go out to Robs family & friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom