In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My deepest condolences to his family and all of his loved ones including his friends here.

I am stunned... BJD gone.... Unbelievable.

My most sincere condolences to Rob's family and friends

Wow, this is unbelievable, my deepest condolences to his family and all of his loved ones. I think he even moderated one of my posts..........

What a shock! I first read this on TDS, then RBW. I've just spent the past 1/2 hour reading this entire thread. I didn't know Rob personally, but have participated in discussions with him here. He was a wise person. I may not always have agreed with him, but I always respected his opinion and knowledge. He was definitely a voice of reason. I will miss reading his words.

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=2861671

I'm stunned, just stunned. I will miss him very much.

NetDoc:
Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
NIV

We have lost a great friend. We have lost a dear brother with a huge heart. Rob Davie, our BigJetDriver, died this past weekend while pursuing the sport he loved: Scuba Diving. Most people pass through this life hardly making a ripple. But with Rob, the surf was always “UP!” He brought so much joy, knowledge, caring and passion to every thing he did, and he did so much. He was a moderator on at least three discussion boards, including here at ScubaBoard. He was an apt instructor for many disciplines and excelled at EVERYTHING he set his mind to. The world has lost one of its best assets and here at ScubaBoard, we mourn his passing. As you can imagine, the staff and moderators here on ScubaBoard are simply stunned, and I am having a hard time controlling my tears as I try to type this.

There are very few facts that are available to us at this time. Out of deference to his many loyal fans and friends, we ask that you keep this thread positive. There is no need to guess a cause and there are too many of us who are not dealing well with his passing. Your consideration during our intense time of mourning is appreciated. We will be sure to post any funeral arrangements as we learn of them.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to type. Please pray for his close friends. Rob, I love you and I miss you terribly. Your posts were always funny and insightful. I was SO looking forward to our class. Farewell, mon ami!

My heart goes out to family and friends. Rob will be very missed.

I have not logged in for the past few days and am very shocked and saddened to hear this news . BJD was a great moderator - wise, objective and always moderated with a cool head . I state this with experience of having my post edited by him and on reflection was appropriate.

He will be missed.

Being new to this community, I unfortunately didn't have a chance to interact with BJD. However, since reading this post several days ago, I have been unable to put it out of my mind. He certainly must have been an amazing individual given all of the wonderful sentiments shared by so many people. Life is certainly so very fleeting and transient, regardless of how secure we feel. It is always somewhat shocking to be reminded of this fact. I feel saddened by the loss of a great man and wonderful friend to so many.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and the many, many people who have been so positively impacted by his life. May he rest in peace.

DandyDon Thanks, his profile really hit home for me. His credentials are impressive both in and out of the water.

DandyDon:
You know, I like most people on SB, and we have some very special ones here, but Rob was uniquely so. Can't think of a nicer person or more competent diver among other accomplishments. My God, look at his profile here. This is going to continue to be a challenge for many of us to accept at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom