In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone that posted ok with us possibly using some of the things they have posted here about Rob for the memorial? Please let me know if you rather me not use yours by emailing me. Thanks...

TButler:
Is everyone that posted ok with us possibly using some of the things they have posted here about Rob for the memorial? Please let me know if you rather me not use yours by emailing me. Thanks...
i would have a guess and say that everyone would think it as an honour

God bless,

I can't believe what I am reading. I am shocked and dismayed at Rob's death. He was a great man and will be missed.

If I should die beneath the sea --
What e'er the circumstance may be --
I only ask that you not cry
For such a lucky one as I.

But, rather, weep for those alive
Who know not what it is to dive
Into the planet's liquid heart
And of God's ocean be a part.

For even Christ must envy all
Who stroll along the ocean's wall;
Though wind and sea His will obeys,
He only walked upon the waves.

And may I ask for one thing more?
A simple cross beside the shore.
Below my name inscribe for me:
Lost to the earth, but found at sea.

Carson Ray... 1989

almitywife:
Originally Posted by TButler
i would have a guess and say that everyone would think it as an honour

God bless,
I'd agree with that. Nice of the lady to ask, but this is the memorium thread on a public forum. I certainly see no problem...

TButler:
Hello all. Sheryl wrote an amazing post at Rebreatherworld, go read it if you can. Memorial service Thursday starting at 6 to meet and talk with family, then service at 7pm. Carnes Funeral Home in Texas City, Texas.

Amazing is an understatement!! After reading it I am totally speechless.

Almitywife, thanks for posting that link. As we have all clearly found out by reading this thread, Rob was an amazing man. I wish I had been able to meet him in person.

Blue Skies

Once again tears are rolling down my face. The growth of this thread and Sheryl's beautiful post is touching and heartwrenchng.

Rob positively touched so many lives and acomplished TRUE greatness in his own life. He was a leader and a man of honor, integrity, courage, respect, vast knowledge, compassion, passion, humility, and I could go on and on. His work here with us may have come to a close, but I am at peace knowing that God simply has bigger plans for him now. His legacy will live on and I have no doubt that he is an angel watching over his family and friends.

I never got to say "hello" to him in person, only thorough e-mails, posts, etc. over the past several years, but I considered him a friend. I am honored that I will get to say "farewell" to him. I will be at the Memorial Service to pay my respects. Thank you Theresa for posting the information about the donations and the service.

We miss you Rob!

Il is very hard to write something during these circumstances. Words seem to fall short trying to describe what we feel.
I never had the chance of meeting or writting to Rob, just by reading his posts I got to appreciate his knowledge, his personality and his integrity.
I will miss you Rob

Jérémie
-aspiring instructor and commercial pilot in training

I know I posted 229 posts ago, but I must say, that after reading all of them here, and his wifes post at RebreatherWorld , that it brings tears to my eyes and I surly wish I had gotten to know him, wonderful man that he was.

Almity said it perfectly .. anyone that has there post used in the memorial would be humbled and consider it as an Honour

DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom