In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TButler:
Hello all. Sheryl wrote an amazing post at Rebreatherworld, go read it if you can. Memorial service Thursday starting at 6 to meet and talk with family, then service at 7pm. Carnes Funeral Home in Texas City, Texas.

Sheryl's post brought me to tears once again. Rob was such a fantastic man. He is such a huge loss to us all.
I am still so sad. I will be at the Memorial service Thursday. TButler if I can be of any service to you or your family please let me know. I can pick anyone up at Hobby that needs a ride that day.

I learned of Rob's passing just a couple of days ago. I am completely shocked. As others have said, Rob was a scholar and a gentleman.

When I got back into town from a lengthy International assignment, Rob was going to provide me with IANTD Nitrox training/certification. This was early December. I was hot to get the Nitrox certification in December due to upcoming dives. Rob's schedule was always hectic and sometimes unpredictable. He was always doing something. :wink: We talked a few times trying to carve out some time but December just wasn't looking good. I remember the one big event was that his son was coming to town. He wanted to capitalize on all of the available time with his son. We agreed to try in early January. I'm glad his son got to spend that time with him.

I'll miss ya Rob.

Richard

"Everyman dies, not every man truly lives", said on the movie Braveheart, displyed here on this board. When this many people say so much good about a man, you can't help but think what a great and positive impact he had on others, and through this one knows, this man truly lived! See you further down the raod!

What do you guys out there think if Scubaboard were to start a collection for the donation and make a single donation in honour and respect of Rob from all friends from Scubaboard ? It would make it a little easier for people from across the world.

If SB can take pay-pal donations I'm in. Otherwise I want say that I've been following this thread for a few days and didn't know if I had anything to contribute. I remember seeing Rob's posts and thinking "cool handle". He responded to one of my questions and I recall a very GOOD answer, to the point and empathetic. I then looked at his other posts feeling he was a good source. I'm glad I did. I'm sorry to see him go, I'm glad we crossed paths.

Thanks! BJD

My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Carl

Big Jet Diver wife:
I am asking, in lieu of flowers that donations can be sent to the volunteer group, Gulf Coast Search & Recovery. Rob taught their divers Public Safety Diving ( Black Water diving for recovery purposes) & was a good friend of the Group's leader. I know he would want this.
GDCB:
If SB can take pay-pal donations I'm in.l
I don't know the answerer to this, but here is the info for the Gulf Coast Search & Recovery:

Donations may be sent to:
Gulf Coast Search and Recovery
P.O. Box 362
Seabrook, Texas 77586-3262
Contact Randy Faulkner: 281-838-4713

http://www.gcsr.org/

From what I can tell, dude had game; keep flying brother!

CN

Rick Inman:
I don't know the answerer to this, but here is the info for the Gulf Coast Search & Recovery:

Donations may be sent to:
Gulf Coast Search and Recovery
P.O. Box 362
Seabrook, Texas 77586-3262
Contact Randy Faulkner: 281-838-4713

http://www.gcsr.org/

Thank you Rick!

I didn't interact with BigJetDriver, but I read a lot of his posts. It' a terrible loss, but you can tell so much about a man by the response upon his passing. The number of posts, and the quality of the remarks says volumes.

This is a man that I would have loved to have had the opportunity to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom