In an O2 fill desert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of ROI
Owning 6+ sets of CCRs bottles and then just taking the long hike to the shop every month or two for fills is also a viable approach and potentially cheaper. It's not like they are heavy. Another alternative is to dive them then give them to one of your buddies who lives closer to the fill station to drop off. Having them drop off a set of 3L is not some massive social burden. Then you only have to pick them up.

Speaking of ROI
Owning 6+ sets of CCRs bottles and then just taking the long hike to the shop every month or two for fills is also a viable approach and potentially cheaper. It's not like they are heavy. Another alternative is to dive them then give them to one of your buddies who lives closer to the fill station to drop off. Having them drop off a set of 3L is not some massive social burden. Then you only have to pick them up.

Honestly having two or more sets would been my suggestion as well. Despite the fact I would never do two dives that would require two sets of LP85s, I still keep the second set around as I have the flexibility to not have to get fills after every dive. And I have relatively easy access to various fills I need.

I think lp85,s are 13 ltr tanks with a wp 180 bar. So a pair has 4600ltr of oxygen. How many hours of deco are people doing. I’m making that out at 4 hours of deco using ean50 and 100% Id like to see some of Maria,s run times.

I think lp85,s are 13 ltr tanks with a wp 180 bar. So a pair has 4600ltr of oxygen. How many hours of deco are people doing. I’m making that out at 4 hours of deco using ean50 and 100% Id like to see some of Maria,s run times.
You must have made a mistake, unless your sac really is around 0.35cuft/min? Personally I'm breathing double that on my best day.

You must have made a mistake, unless your sac really is around 0.35cuft/min? Personally I'm breathing double that on my best day.
I’m using the figure from my last dive 100% O2. 10 minutes at 6 m and 15 minutes at 3m I used 700ltrs

Pretty sure the LP85s mentioned in the OP are back/bottom gas, 50%/100% are almost certainly going to be in AL40's (~5.7liters) if following the typical configuration used here. Using a typical .6 cuft/min planning consumption rate (yes, some people are lower, others higher), a single AL40's capacity at 20ft should last around (40/(0.6*(20/33+1))=~41.5 minutes at 0.6 cuft/min, or ~50 minutes at a 0.5 cuft/min rate.

Pretty sure the LP85s mentioned in the OP are back/bottom gas, 50%/100% are almost certainly going to be in AL40's (~5.7liters) if following the typical configuration used here. Using a typical .6 cuft/min planning consumption rate (yes, some people are lower, others higher), a single AL40's capacity at 20ft should last around (40/(0.6*(20/33+1))=~41.5 minutes at 0.6 cuft/min, or ~50 minutes at a 0.5 cuft/min rate.
Let’s say 45 minutes of 100% for deco at 20 and 10 foot stops. If you got onto 50% at 70feet you could get a lot of diving out of an al40 of O2 . What I’m wondering is how much O2 at 100% does an average diver need.

Let’s say 45 minutes of 100% for deco at 20 and 10 foot stops. If you got onto 50% at 70feet you could get a lot of diving out of an al40 of O2 . What I’m wondering is how much O2 at 100% does an average diver need.
The average diver doesn't do decompression let alone accelerated decompression so I'd say exactly zero litres.
OK joke over. It entirely depends on where you are, round here I've never seen anyone use 100% it's usually between 40 and 70 percent. And rarely longer than 15 mins.

What I’m wondering is how much O2 at 100% does an average diver
That may depend on the size of the team and reserve philosophy. Number of dives before refill is another consideration.

0.5cu ft = 14 litres. Quite high at deco.

I too share Mac's SAC, around 10 litres/min at deco, about 0.35 cu ft. I plan for 12 litres/min at deco for some contingency. Bottom SAC's calculated at 15 litres/min (the whole bottom phase until back up to the first deco stop).

Consumption all depends how comfortable you are hanging around doing sod all. One of the great attractions of scuba diving IMHO :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom